cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Only using 1/4 of my screen

When I start playing a movie it only plays in the top right corner of the screen!!!!!!! I have tried several different movies and all do the same 😡 It's not my TV as all other channels are fine!!!
245 REPLIES 245
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Jenks1984 wrote:

Nowtv can you please advise us on when this may ben fixed or will there be some form of refund for the time the  service has been down, I don't want to cancel my subscription and have stuck with you over issues in the past but if it continues I will have to cancel as I really can't watch anything with it being in a little square in The top left hand corner!

How about asking Roku to fix the issue? It was there software update that screwed things up!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

See More Digital (Advocate 4): If you're a NOW TV 'advocate', whether voluntarily or not, you should resign.  People paying for a service that's not being received have every right to be irritated by it & to expect their (NOT 'there') complaints to be taken seriously.  Having their complaints met with sarcasm and 'passing the buck' just makes them even more irritated.  You're not doing Now TV any favours at all - in fact, I'd be surprised if your attitude alone didn't lose them some custom.  It's all very well blaming ROKU, but then why is my Netflix not similarly affected?  Could it be that they were prepared for the software changes while Now TV have been caught with their pants down?  You obviously seem to think that affected customers should be paying out even more to view what they subscribe to, as well - once again attempting to shift any responsibilty from NOW TV; so when you're not blaming ROKU, you're blaming the subscribers themselves (hint: they're called customers, just in case you didn't know). Yes - I DO have a legitimate reason for using an AV connection, however have noted others complaining that the problem remains the same regardless of whether they use AV, or HDMI connections.  This issue has been going on far too long & it's about time that Now TV took some action to rectify it.  Blame Roku all you like, but if NOW TV had put any serious effort into resolving the problem, it would have been sorted by now.  What you're basically telling people is that they should continue subscribing to the service, but that NOW TV has zero responsibility for modifying their own software to ensure that subscribers are able to view the content that they're paying for.  You really should be thoroughly ashamed of the attitude you present.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

t this issue and had it for a while now, all other channels are fine so now wish to cancel my now tv subsciption if i could only work out how to, NOW TV CONTACT METO JOIN AGAIN WHEN YOU OFFER A REFUND FOR MY LOSS OF USE AND HAVE FIXED THIS PROBLEM 

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Oh wow... This is a classic case of "don't shoot the messenger!"

With respect to you Mogwai23 and all the others who are affected by this particular issue. It is entirely a Roku issue!

I fully respect that you guys are annoyed but you really should be levying your complaints directly to Roku as a priority, as I repeat: It was Roku's (automatic) software update that screwed things up for you guys. 

And as I also said before, I'm sure Now TV are doing all they can on all your behalves to get Roku to rectify the issue. But that does not mean you should only complain here!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Actually I have been in touch with Roku and it isn't their problem/fault whatever you want to call it. They said it is totally down to Now TV and really if you think about it logically if it was a roku problem then all the other channels would be the same.

Now, can we please have some information about when this problem will be fixed. Last time I came on here I asked twice and no one has replied. I'm not cross or going to squabble but I really would like to know if you are going to fix it soon because otherwise I will cancel my movie subscription as I don't enjoy watching miniature movies.

Please can someone from Now TV respond to this with some real information and a timeframe, and if not can you tell me how I can contact the company because I am getting a bit fed up with having to use this forum.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing some helpful news soon 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Oh and before anyone suggests it (again!) I do not have a HDMI port, I have no intention of getting one because it won't go in to my tv , I have an older tv and I'm not getting a new tv until mine dies and my Roku box is the purple one - we're not all technically aware here, I thought this service was for everyone not just people who know all about cables and stuff so please stop asking people to change their stuff.

Just a comment for the Now TV bods out there is any of them are reading this thread any more - have you thought about how inconvenient your 'help' section is for people who really don't go online much? I can find no email address to contact you directly or the live chat options, it says there is one on the web help guide but I can't find it, and I'm sure I am not the only one who has tried and failed.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post.  To access Live Chat or email options click on this link http://help.nowtv.com/article/None-of-the-above and hit the Contact Us box on the left of the page, this will take you to the Live Chat option (8am - Midnight).

Hope this helpsSmiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have been in touch with both Roku and Now TV. Roku promised to get back to me as soon as possible and Now TV promised a time frame of within 24-48 hours. That was a week ago. So, whichever company is at fault, clearly neither is capable of acting professionally. Perhaps the "minor tweak" that was referred to in an earlier exchange is beyond the technical capabilities of all those involved - or perhaps neither company gives a damn.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So I finally got through to someone on Live Chat (Thanks @Pethead for the directions!) but despite asking at least 3 times how long it would take for the fix I didn't get anything I did get told that someone would email me within 48hours, so if they give me an answer I'll share it here.

It was a bit worrying that the adviser I spoke to was totally unaware of this issue and I had to explain a few times before they understood and then explain a couple more times that I don't have the settings needed as an option, the advisor said I can watch NOW TV on other devices...which I think is a really bad assumption to make because I don't have sound on my computer so I don't have any fall back options.

There was no mention of a refund or reembursement at all so for those of you hoping to get your money back I wouldn't hold your breath for that.

Hope this was a bit useful...it's a shame that they can't even just give a timefrane when we can expect it to start working again, at least then I wouldn't have to keep faffing about on this forum 😕

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just an update for those still watching a quarter screen image: after yet another email, two representatives from NOW TV got back to me, both suggesting I use an HDMI cable. When I explained yet again that this was not feasible the last message sent said: "Due to the severity of the issue, our relevant team is still working on it and will get in touch with you soon. Your patience is much appreciated. This should be fixed at the earliest."

I'll make no further comment, except to say that ROKU have remained silent on the issue.