cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Only using 1/4 of my screen

When I start playing a movie it only plays in the top right corner of the screen!!!!!!! I have tried several different movies and all do the same 😡 It's not my TV as all other channels are fine!!!
245 REPLIES 245
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to acknowledge the posts here as a number of people have been asking for that, and promise you that we're working to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

There's no point in contacting our live chat or email teams, as they don't have any more information than we have here. We'll share news as soon as there is any.

Thanks,

Tom

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Hi Tom,

Thanks for checking in but what I've been asking for is a timeframe. As I've said several times before (but will say again because someone who's trying to help probably won't have the stamina to read through all the past posts) I don't have the settings options or an HDMI option available so can't do a qucik fix myself.

I just wanted to know how long it'll be until the 'fix' is operational because I wanted to cancel my Now TV movie sub but because no one responded to my question my direct debit has already been taken out for this month. I'm a bit cross about that because I tried watching a movie on the little screen and it was most unenjoyable so wish someone has answered me so I could have saved a little money.

Please please can you just tell me how long it's likely to be before you guys can fix this - if you can't be specific can you at least let us know if it's going to be before Christmas or after (so I can get some DVDs in!!)

Looking forward to a reply,

'99

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User,

I totally get that what everybody wants is a timescale for a fix, but unfortunately this just isn't something we can provide.

The only time we'll know how long it takes to fix is when it's fixed, and no sooner. It's a complex one as well, as the issue occurred following the Roku firmware update - we didn't change anything on our side. So the resolution to that could come from us, or it could come from Roku. 

We're working on it and will fix it as soon as we possibly can.

Thanks,

Tom

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Everything perfect till now tv soft ware upgrade ! Can't speak in person to now tv by phone , no one educated enough to fix the problem ! Time to tell them to shove it where the sun don't shine !!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Actually I have been in touch with Roku and it isn't their problem/fault whatever you want to call it. They said it is totally down to Now TV and really if you think about it logically if it was a roku problem then all the other channels would be the same.

Of course the fault is due to Roku. NOW TV haven't changed their app. It worked fine on OS6 and only once OS7 was released it broke NOW TV. NOW TV should be able to update their app to work around the issue, but Roku introduced it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have got the same problem with my Roku box/NOWTV. Have just spent approx an hour with a really helpful person from Roku and the fault is definitely not theirs. All other channels are showing fine, only NOWTV showing as small screen in left hand corner, any news on resolving

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Tom have both hdmi cables and AV cable boxes in various parts of the house and both are having the same issues!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User you need to use the HDMI with the box, and ensure that the display settings (within the Roku settings) are either 720p or 1080p.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here tried everything to no avail.Sounds like Now tv are trying to sell a new bow.Cancel Now tv seems a better option 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Changing settings to 720p worked so thanks to all