cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Only using 1/4 of my screen

When I start playing a movie it only plays in the top right corner of the screen!!!!!!! I have tried several different movies and all do the same 😡 It's not my TV as all other channels are fine!!!
245 REPLIES 245
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I wonder if anyone can tell us how long this is likely to go on for please? If it's going to me weeks or months then it'd be nice to know so I can suspend my membership for the movies package (I don't mind watching tiny tv shows but it kind of kills films)

Many thanks,

99 🙂

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Agent99 wrote:

I wonder if anyone can tell us how long this is likely to go on for please? If it's going to me weeks or months then it'd be nice to know so I can suspend my membership for the movies package (I don't mind watching tiny tv shows but it kind of kills films)

Does your television have an HDMI port?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Tom,

Is there any progress on this issue?

Regards

Richard Riley

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i use hdmi cable

Anonymous User
Not applicable
TV is a Logic L32HE23 and Roku is an LT version, they are connected by HDMI. Has been working fine for over an year. Strange thing is, have another Roku in other room, also connecting via hdmi to its tv, and Now TV ok on that!

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

HSNAV wrote:
TV is a Logic L32HE23 and Roku is an LT version, they are connected by HDMI. Has been working fine for over an year. Strange thing is, have another Roku in other room, also connecting via hdmi to its tv, and Now TV ok on that!

Have you guys looked at the proposed solution above?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Tom, thanks for your reply. I connect my Roku LT box through an HDMI
cable & always have. Like I said in my comment, all other apps work as does
Nowtv menu, this only seems to affect it when actually watching a program

I look forward to your response & hopefully a speedy solution.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User if you are using the HDMI lead head to the settings on your Roku box and set your Display Type to either 720p or 1080p

@Anonymous User as you are using the AV lead you will need to wait for NOW TV to fix the bug due to the new Roku firmware, an update will be in this post once resolved. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This has made the screen bigger thanks, however I'm now left with the screen size being square on my tv rather than the full screen like it always was up until yesterday? Which means instead of using the whole screen I have two big black stripes on each side of the screen... and has now affected it on all apps where as it was only watching Nowtv that had the screen size issue. 

I know it might sound picky, but I just feel it defeats the object of having a bigger screen tv if you are only watching the middle of the screen.

I hadn't changed any settings before, so why should I have to adjust the settings for the whole roku box & affect all apps on there when only Nowtv was a problem which just occurred without me doing anything? 

Don't get me wrong though, I'm super grateful for the advice & it does make it more watchable, so thank you very much. 

I'd just like it if there was a fix where it didn't affect my viewing of everything & just went back to normal (don't really want to be having to change settings every time I change apps)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User which display setting are you using? That sounds like it's displaying in 4:3, which it shouldn't do if you've selected the 720P or 1080P option. That said, it could be the display setting on your TV which is changing it. What make and model of TV do you have? There's probably a button somewhere on the remote that allows you to change between 4:3 and 16:9.

@Anonymous User we're looking into what's caused it. We're aiming to fix the issue rather than expecting everyone to change settings.

Thanks,

Tom