cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Only using 1/4 of my screen

When I start playing a movie it only plays in the top right corner of the screen!!!!!!! I have tried several different movies and all do the same 😡 It's not my TV as all other channels are fine!!!
245 REPLIES 245
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks Tom for your help.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Have changed display type in Roku settings to 720p HD TV and this has fixed the problem, which is great. But is it possible to get an explanation of the cause (am assuming the hd thing is a boge that works)?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have arrived late into this exchange as my 2400 Roku LT has just developed the same fault (late last night). The connection used is A/V as this feeds into an old CRT. It has been working fine for two months.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same issue and only have one HDMI so don't want to change so fix asap or how can I get my money back cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

HI @Anonymous User,

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing this problem.

Are you using an HDMI connection? If you are you should be able to change the settings to 720p?

If you can, please try that as a workaround for now and let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Rich

The NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Whenever anyone from Now TV joins this debate they are always sorry to hear about the problem and suggest workarounds. Looking back, early posts on this topic were nearly a month ago and nothing has been done. The promise to me, some three days ago, from the Now team was that the problem had been escalated and Now TV would be in touch within 24-48 hours, but nothing has happened. Platitudes only work for a limited time, if at all. Customers stuck with using an A/V connection require a solution. Perhaps people are working hard on this but it feels like the problem has been given to a team of one man and his dog, with the dog having to do most of the work.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Out of interest...

Have any of you Roku product owners directly complained to Roku about this particular issue?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, but perhaps the organisation I pay a large monthly subscription to might show a bit of genuine concern (or action) too.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Yes, but perhaps the organisation I pay a large monthly subscription to might show a bit of genuine concern (or action) too.

I'm sure Now TV are doing all the can. But lets be clear, it's Roku that has caused the compatibility issue, not Now TV.

Indeed, if Roku had got a few Now TV customers to try their proposed software upgrade on their early (analogue A/V output) products prior to its general release, the issue might have been caught...

I have to admit I'm quite surprised how many people are still using the analogue A/V output with their modern HDMI enabled televisions. Especially as the analogue A/V output produces much poorer looking images!

By-the-way, HDMI switches are quite reasonably priced these days: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Neet%C2%AE-SWITCH-REMOTE-output-Switcher/dp/B001DAVA64

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am also experiencing this problem. Highly frustrating. I have one box connected via hdmi and one via AV. Both not working. Only with nowtv. 

I have just tried the switch to 720p fix, when I do that my rocku box disconnects from the Internet and won't connect again. When I swap back to 16:9 display internet connection resumes. 

This is problem has been going on for some time now. Nowtv can you please advise us on when this may ben fixed or will there be some form of refund for the time the  service has been down, I don't want to cancel my subscription and have stuck with you over issues in the past but if it continues I will have to cancel as I really can't watch anything with it being in a little square in The top left hand corner!

thanks.