cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Only using 1/4 of my screen

When I start playing a movie it only plays in the top right corner of the screen!!!!!!! I have tried several different movies and all do the same 😡 It's not my TV as all other channels are fine!!!
245 REPLIES 245
Anonymous User
Not applicable

One imagines that number using A/V connection is quite small and can only apply to those using old white box as black box doesn't have the connection.

I've had Roku LT ( on which white box is based) for 3 years and always used hdmi - it is possible to replicate the problem by setting display to 4:3 instead of 720p ( 1080p not available on white box)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

I suspect that Roku and Sky are now locked in battle as to who pays for a solution.

@Anonymous User no one needs to pay, either Sky need to tweak their code to handle this new exception which didn't exist on previous versions of the Roku firmware or Roku need to update it to return that bit of code back to the same. I'd expect both companies to be working on their solutions at the moment and one of them to have it fixed in the next week.

@Anonymous User the bug is with Roku boxes not NOW TV boxes as those are still on OS6.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I am grateful to you, but a tweak which has not been implemented by either
Roku or Sky after, as far as I can see, five days rather demonstrates a
contempt for end users.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Great news- can you tell me if we'll need to do anything once they update it or will it all just go back to normal automatically?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User the box checks for app and firmware updates each day so as long as it's left on you shouldn't need to do anything. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, that's what I was hoping! 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry to be a pest but please can anyone tell me roughly (or precisely would be even better) when this should get fixed?

Are we looking at a few days or several weeks please?

Many thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nowtv was working fine with now complain until this week, when I switch it on it automatically went on quarter screen. It's not my telly as other programmes work fine.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

rickilea4me wrote:
Nowtv was working fine with now complain until this week, when I switch it on it automatically went on quarter screen. It's not my telly as other programmes work fine.

Have you read the solution that's within this topic?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have tried all the solutions mentioned, non of them works. Nowtv was working fine and I hadn't touched any setting so I have no idea why the screen would shrink to a quarter of its size.