cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Only using 1/4 of my screen

When I start playing a movie it only plays in the top right corner of the screen!!!!!!! I have tried several different movies and all do the same 😡 It's not my TV as all other channels are fine!!!
245 REPLIES 245
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I have the same problem. A small picture in the top left of the screen. I haven't found a solution yet.  Must be a now tv issue as netflix and amazon are all OK

Hi and welcome to the forum,

Please refer to the previous posts within this topic, for a solution and the reason why you are having this issue!

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Just checked display settings now I've changed to hdmi cable and had a new option of 720p changed it to that and it's fine now. Thanks for help.
Only got one hdmi port on TV so looks like I will have to keep swaping for my other devices. What a mither. Thanks again
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

teejay1 wrote:
Just checked display settings now I've changed to hdmi cable and had a new option of 720p changed it to that and it's fine now. Thanks for help.
Only got one hdmi port on TV so looks like I will have to keep swaping for my other devices. What a mither. Thanks again

Hi @Anonymous User

You won't need to keep changing things around. If you get one of these:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Betron-HDMI-Switcher-Connectors-support/dp/B00KCPY5Y0/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1447417819&sr=8-3&keywords=hdmi+switcher

It will allow up to 3 HDMI appliances to be on one port on the TV.  You would need to find an extra HDMI cable though

Hope that helps Smiley Happy

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yes thanks very much will have to order one. Wonder why it stopped working with other cable though? ?????
Thanks again
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

ljpaddington wrote:
This seems to be affecting more n more Roku users... This suggests to me that it's not the compatability to our TVs... I have now cancelled my subscriptions due to this issue not being fixed! It's weird because the whole layout of the selection films is on the whole screen and the buffering sign is in the middle of the screen whilst the movie is loading yet when the movie starts it only plays in the top right hand corner. I would like my £9.99 refunded for this month but I won't hold my breath

What's your Roku box's 'model number' and 'Software Version'?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi all - this started happening to me 3 days ago. I can access Netflix, Amazon Prime and BBC I Player with no problem but I can't watch Now TV through it at all. Surely it must be a Now TV issue as I too have had Now through my Roku box for well over a year now and this is the first time it has ever happened. 

Has anyone actually managed to fix the issue?

Thanks

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

kikibeevis wrote:

Hi all - this started happening to me 3 days ago. I can access Netflix, Amazon Prime and BBC I Player with no problem but I can't watch Now TV through it at all. Surely it must be a Now TV issue as I too have had Now through my Roku box for well over a year now and this is the first time it has ever happened. 

Has anyone actually managed to fix the issue?

Thanks

What's your Roku box's 'model number' and 'Software Version'?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I've just had this problem start today. When watching a program or movie this is only playing in the top left corner of my screen. I see others have had this problem but I can't see any solutions...
Everything is in full screen until what I want to watch starts to play?? I use a Roku LT box & have had Nowtv on there since 2013 with no issues... My son also has a Nowtv white box on the same account but he has no issues... So why has this started happening on mine. All other apps work fine, no settings have been changed, so I really don't understand. I would really like a solution on this as I don't want to keep something I can't use.
Has anyone managed to fix this yet?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

i have the same prob not a happy bunny

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User and @Anonymous User,

I've raised this to our technical team to look into, as there were three separate topics about this issue (I've merged them all together now).

Can you all confirm for me how you're connecting to your TVs? This post by @Anonymous User seems to suggest they were using the AV cable when it stopped working, but switching to HDMI made it work. If you could let me know if you're using the AV cable too, that'd be great.

Thanks,

Tom