cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ongoing Error 10021 Concurrency issue with NowTv box...

I've now been waiting about a MONTH for Tech Help to resolve my problem and would be interested to know how many other folk might have the same problem.

Error 10021 is a 'Concurrency issue' relating to attempting to use more than two of four permitted devices at the same time.  Briefly, I'm getting Error code 10021 but no other devices actually beeen in use at the time. I Have restarted NowTv box and tried factory reset. Can't get rid of error code.  I've contacted Help three times now. Each time they have reset the device list for my account.  All seems OK at the time but the problem reappears quickly. It seems as if something in my account isn't recognising when any devices are disconnected. I can only access the first two which are used after a device reset. If I attempt to use a third I get the error message telling me I'm using too may devices (10021) even when none are in use.

The (unsatisfactory) work round is that I'm only using two devices...

I think I'm going to cancel my subscription if I can't get full use of the sevice when my current month expires.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User  did this issue get resolved for you?  I noticed this post had gone into the "Roku" section which I think is why folk have not seen it.  What are your devices?  I see you have a box from your post but cannot see what type.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi, Thanks for getting n touch. We have a WHITE NOWTv box.  I'm not sure how this wound up in a Roku thread..? I didn't *think* I posted it there.
The problem doesn't seem to have been resolved but it's a while since I tried to use any further devices because it's such a hassle going though all the details with the Help folk every time it fails... I've lived with it because I was offered a couple of months price reduction on the NOWtv Sports passes. As soon as these expire and the current cricket tour finishes I'm going to be all over the Tech Help team like the proverbial rash if it's not fixed.
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User do you just have one device connected? You can check under my account and devices. It may be worth a cache clear on those if possible.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
We're actually able to use two devices - but when we add further devices we can't switch use either of the additional ones, even when we're not actually *using* any of the 'original' two. That's when we get the Error 10021 message - which isn't appropriate because NO devices are in use. It looks as though something in the 'system' is not recognising when devices are switched off.On the advice of 'Help' a while ago we've not added the full four permitted devices until we know the problem has been sorted.Thanks