cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV on ROKU 4

I have a Roku 3 but want to upgrade to a Roku 4 because of its Optical Digital Output.  Will the NowTV app work correctly on a Roku 4?

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Don't think anyone can, as yet, answer your question as UK release date and price don't seem to have been announced.

Bearing in mind Sky's involvement with Roku I've no doubt the app will be there Smiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User

Amazon UK appear to be selling them for £179.99 if I've got the right product http://www.amazon.co.uk/Roku-Streaming-Media-Player-4400R/dp/B015YF5YIS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1448186907&sr=8-1&keywords=roku+4.  There's a review stating the Netflix app isn't available in the Roku App StoreSmiley Surprised

EDIT - it also seems this is shipped from US

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User@Anonymous User

Reading 2 reviews it suggests it's shipped with 110v adaptor etc.

Best forgotten until proper UK release Smiley Wink

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Anonymous User@Anonymous User

Reading 2 reviews it suggests it's shipped with 110v adaptor etc.

Best forgotten until proper UK release Smiley Wink

Hi @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User

It's currently been sold by a seller on Amazon who imports them into the UK. That's why it's so expensive and why it doesn't have a UK power adapter. The company likely ends up paying the import duty and VAT on every single one of them.

So @Anonymous User is correct, it is best forgotten, until it officially available in the UK. I can't imagine that we will have to wait long for that to be the case. That being said, it almost certainly won't be available before Christmas

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV app runs fine on the Roku 4, the only apps that don't work are the BBC iPlayer and News apps.  The BBC codes into their apps certified Roku devices, as Roku 4 is not yet released in EU they have not tested and added it to the app support.  I had this confirmed on a BBC iplayer support ticket.

http://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.uk/tv/roku

Power adapter is multi voltage so runs at 110/240V.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Did you buy one of the expensive ones from Amazon?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I bought it direct from the US Roku website and delivered it to a courier service with a US mailbox to forward it to UK.