cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV won't load on roku 3

I have a Roku 3 on which other apps all work fine. The Now TV app gets stuck on the spinning 4 circles and won't progress to asking for my user name.

I have switched off the roku, uninstalled and re-installed the app.

Any ideas?

50 REPLIES 50
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy

My ISP is with BT and getting a stable 45 Mbps download speed.

I have tried all the usual stuff to fix with no joy.

Not sure if it's a coincidence but there was a new Roku software to download on my Roku stick ?

tothbros
Scholar 2

same as you: software version: 7.7.0 4117-04

model 4200X  -Roku 3

wired connection

ISP: BT

for security, i am using vpn over wifi, but the roku's are connected to a "clean" ip - never had any issues with this

and the main thing: on the same wired network my black now tv box works fine!

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@tothbros Cheers, I doubt it will be the VPN as I don't think schnapps uses one, but it would be useful to try with the VPN disabled just to rule it out, NOW TV do geoblock and even if the IP is reporting as inside UK it's possible NOW TV are flagging it for some reason.

Edit: sorry missed you saying the Now TV Box is fine, so looking less likely now! Thanks for reporting back anyway.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy

Yeah, No VPN with my Home Network.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just got mine working again.

Had to go into Roku -My Feeds, where I have a game of thrones feed. clicked through to the right were it says that its available to watch with subsciption on NowTV. Clicked on this and it took me to the sign in screen. Signed in and started watching.

Then have gone back to main menu and run the NowTV app and all working????

Try it and see

tothbros
Scholar 2

you are onto something! 🙂

i followed your advice and i also managed to get into the now tv app this way - however, when i tried to watch something (anything), a red banner on top comes on "sorry, something went wrong, we're working on it". also, when i go to my account, i see that i'm not signed in and when i go to "sign in", the same error message comes on.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mine is working akk ok. Just watched start of Westworld no problem. My account all ok and already signed in.

Did you sign in when you went in via the feed?? I did.

tothbros
Scholar 2

did not let me sign in... i was alwas signed in, but in the midst of reinstalling the app and eventually hard-resetting the roku, i'm pretty sure i was signed off from everywhere 😄

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Maybe, try uninstalling and reinstall app and then go in via feed again. Mine went straight to sign in screen.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Well done, going to My Feeds and selecting a TV Show or Movie on the NowTV service worked for me to access the NowTV UI.

Must be a glitch or bug in the software where you can't access the NowTV UI by clicking on the homepage NowTV App

Strange how it's effecting some Roku users but not others.

NowTV in conjunction with Roku need to figure out why some Roku owners can't access the NowTV App on the Homepage which is the way most users would access the App.