cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV won't load on roku 3

I have a Roku 3 on which other apps all work fine. The Now TV app gets stuck on the spinning 4 circles and won't progress to asking for my user name.

I have switched off the roku, uninstalled and re-installed the app.

Any ideas?

50 REPLIES 50
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. The app is running fine on my Roku 3 at the mo - just to check you are in the UK and don't use a VPN (or any means of making it look like you are not in the UK) at all? If you have NOW TV on any other devices eg mobile, tablet worth checking it's working OK there. You could also try rebooting your broadband router to see if that helps.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have exactly the same issue, except I have roku2 box.  Now tv is working on the phone and Now tv box fine.

I have tried following all the rest steps to get it working and none have worked.

Very annoying

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I just bought a roku 3 box today to replace an old defunct nowtv branded box.

Exactly the same problem, no login prompt, just endless spinner. I've tried all possible combinations of switching on and off the box and my router, updating software, reinstalling the app etc. Nothing helps

Hope someone from nowtv has some ideas about what to do next

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same problem here but using Roku stick, tried everything with no luck

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The issue still isn't resolvved tried to sort it this morning before I left for work.

Anyone got any ideas how to fix the issue?

@Anonymous User wrote:

I have a Roku 3 on which other apps all work fine. The Now TV app gets stuck on the spinning 4 circles and won't progress to asking for my user name.

I have switched off the roku, uninstalled and re-installed the app.

Any ideas?

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User No problems on my Roku 3, are you trying to sign into a newly installed NOW TV app or has it been working fine in the past but now won't load? Assuming you've reinstalled the app, restarted your Roku and rebooted your router can't offer any more suggestions.

I'll tag @Anonymous User @Anonymous Userfrom the NOW TV Team in case they can help.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy. IIts a new Roku box and fresh install. I habe tried all the steps on various help sheets. Including resetting the device. And a factory reset also.

Now tv is working on other devices Inc games consoles, mobiles and actual now tv box

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy

Just tried to fire up my Roku Streaming Stick and like everybody else the NowTV App will not open (page stuck loading with the spinning coloured circles) where Netflix and Amazon Apps both work fine.

Tried the normal tricks and nothing works (The Roku stick did have a new Roku software update prior to attempting to gain access to the NowTV App).

NowTV App version 3.12 build 132

Roku software version 7.7.0 build 4117-09 (updated today at 14.11 approx).

Perhaps @Eddie-M the NowTV Team can look into this ?

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps Dunno. Just tried again and everything fine for me on Roku 3, loads and plays content so not a universal problem. ISP related maybe? Perhaps @Anonymous User @tothbros @Anonymous User @Anonymous User can confirm which ISP they are on.

Not much else can suggest until one of the team pick it up.

Edit: same NOW TV app version, Roku build 7.7.0 4117-04 no software update available so we are on slightly different builds but not sure if that's down to different hardware. Perhaps posters can verify their software build as well (from homescreen Settings > System > About)