cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV not appearing in Roku search

Hi there. 

When I search for content using the Roku search, it doesnt return anything from Now TV. Even content I know is on there it doesnt find. I've read that Roku has recently added Now TV to its search function so I'm not sure why nothing is presenting. Is this a problem for everyone or is it only my device?

All the best.

19 REPLIES 19
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

Ah. I think I got the wrong end of the stick lol. 

Apologies. 😉

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 It would be interesting if you can try it on yours next time you use it just to see if you have the same issue.

However I suspect @Anonymous User @Anonymous User that the issue is probably more at Roku's end and so reporting it on the Roku forum might be best

https://forums.roku.com

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@AndyThinking about it now though, every movie/show I have searched for in the past hasn't shown results for NOWTV. Even when I know a movie is on there.

It just never bothered me so I hadn't noticed. Smiley Indifferent

EDIT: I just tried searching for Westworld and nothing. Only amazon results.

so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993

You know what this means ... 😄

image.gif

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy "Is it definitely plugged in..?" always gets me. 😉

But seriously, @Anonymous User the problem must be on roku's end like Andy mentioned.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nope, no VPN. Standard Sky broadband.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Should add, it was a good idea to check. Thanks.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just to be clear. I have found and installed the Now TV app. But if I use Roku search to find a movie (e.g. Force Awakens) then it only returns Amazon as an option. Ditto with films saved to My Feed.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @caseyb1993

search on Roku now seems to be working for me, with NOW TV results appearing. You might want to check if it is also working for you.

Searching for a movie allows me to go straight to the movie in the NOW TV app when clicking search results, but for entertainment content it only takes you into the app, you have to find the content again yourself.