cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV not appearing in Roku search

Hi there. 

When I search for content using the Roku search, it doesnt return anything from Now TV. Even content I know is on there it doesnt find. I've read that Roku has recently added Now TV to its search function so I'm not sure why nothing is presenting. Is this a problem for everyone or is it only my device?

All the best.

19 REPLIES 19
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Hello 🙂

Is your roku fully updated?

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah it's up to date.
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  only thing I can think is the Roku is for some reason looking at the US store rather than Uk store.  Make sure you are set to UK.  Obviously if you are accessing from USA Now won't work.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for giving it some thought. Unfortunately everything is set to UK.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I'm having the same issue. Roku Stick 3500X. Software version 7.5.0 build 4099-09. I have a working subscription for Now TV movies and entertainment but only Amazon ever shows in the search results. As far as I know I am set up as a UK user, though I cannot see anything in my account that says that.

Anyone any other ideas?
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Hello 🙂

Are you using any VPN's?

so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 Mine also doesn't bring up NOW TV results in search on the homescreen (and no I'm not on a VPN!) Have you checked yours recently to see if yours does? It's supposed to.

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy @Anonymous User that is weird as it HAS shown up on both of my sticks. Have you checked the "featured" section in the channel store?

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Yeah just to clarify its searching across Roku apps using the search option on the homescreen we are having problems with. NOW TV Results eg Westworld aren't appearing. According to the blog here NOW TV results should be included now 😞

https://blog.roku.com/blog/2016/04/13/roku-uk-now-tv-added-to-roku-search/