cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

New Roku Players Hitting the UK 18th October 2017

According to this Engadget article, Roku will be officially offering to us in the UK two new players from the 18th of October 2017 Smiley Happy

There will be the Roku Streaming Stick + with 4K & HDR at RRP of £80, together with the Roku Express for a RRP of £30 Smiley Happy

Not sure how accurate the article is, if so i might be purchasing a Roku Streaming Stick + to replace my ageing Roku stick Smiley Happy

https://www.engadget.com/2017/10/11/roku-uk-4k-streaming-stick/

265 REPLIES 265
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps wrote:

@commanda6

The big question is are you allowed to open your Christmas present early ?

Wish Santa would bring me a Roku Streaming Stick + Smiley Very Happy

@schnapps . Unfortunately have to wait until Christmas Day, but it'll be worth the wait though. Roku is also one of the best ways to access now TV, so don't be surprised if on Christmas Day you see me on here asking for an extra device swap so I can watch NowTV on purely for testing purposes. I'm sure you understand Smiley Very Happy

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

Can we expect a @commanda6 style report on your findings? 😉

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 wrote:

Can we expect a @commanda6 style report on your findings? 😉

If you would like me to report my findings. @caseyb1993 Then I will Smiley Very Happy

@schnapps . You never know if you're a good lad Santa might get you a Roku streaming stick plus Smiley Very Happy

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
pauline1769
Expert

hi

just ordered a roku express stick from  tesco  29.00 they have them in stock 

https://www.tesco.com/direct/roku-express-hd-media-streamer/712-7883.prd?pageLevel=sku&skuId=712-788...

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Looks like Tesco's are selling the Roku Streaming Stick + on their website for £69.99 which is £10 cheaper than the SRP Smiley Happy

https://www.tesco.com/direct/roku-4k-stick/614-4644.prd?skuId=614-4644

Also Roku UK are currently offering a total £35 worth of entertainment subs on the TV Player, Hopster and Love Nature Apps for a limited period for new subscribers (i have no interest in these three Apps, but might be useful to somebody).

https://www.roku.com/en-gb/offers/holiday

pauline1769
Expert
Hi

Tesco are selling the new roku express as well for 29.00 l ordered one
today
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @pauline1769

Yeah, noticed your post, thanks for the heads up about the Roku Express in stock at Tesco for £29.99.

I am hopefully going to pick up a Roku Express on Thursday from my local Tesco Superstore taking advantage of my £4 coupon when spending over £30 together with my £11 clubcard vouchers saved which should equate for me as 1 number Roku Express at a bargain reduced price of £15 Smiley Happy

Like Tesco say " Every Little Helps" Smiley Very Happy 

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps wrote:

Hi @pauline1769

Yeah, noticed your post, thanks for the heads up about the Roku Express in stock at Tesco for £29.99.

I am hopefully going to pick up a Roku Express on Thursday from my local Tesco Superstore

@schnapps I'm hoping to get one from mine tomorrow. 🙂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Looks like Tesco's have just realised that their price on the website was £10 below SRP and have now changed the price to £79.99 for the Roku Streaming Stick + inline with other Retailers prices Smiley Sad

Here's a good UK review on the internet of the Roku Streaming Stick + should anybody be interested in this new Roku 4K HDR streaming device Smiley Happy

http://www.trustedreviews.com/reviews/roku-streaming-stick-plus 

chilli2
Elite

Im in no hurry to buy a new Roku device, although the purple stick lags like hell, so its likely to be replaced with the Streaming stick+

Whilst i dont have anything that can display 4K ( yet) the express doesnt do screen mirroring as far as i know.

Its a pity that they arent releaseing the standard streaming stick as that would have been ideal, and a good competitor to Amazons Fire TV stick, likewise its a pity that Now Tv isnt on the fire TV platform ( netflix is) otherwise i would plump for the Amazon fire TV stick

The remote buttons are a little odd, Yupp TV which is an indian TV channel ( i think) , Red bull TV - extreme sports, Rakuten TV , and Netflix.

I'm surprised that Now TV isnt up there, as other than netflix it would be far more useful than any of the others