cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

New Roku 2016 Streaming Stick

Looks like the new 2016 streaming stick is being released in the USA (see article and video from CNET on my link below).

http://www.cnet.com/products/roku-streaming-stick-2016/

Hopefully, this newer version of the Roku streaming stick will also be introduced in the UK market sometime in the not so distance future.

I own the original Roku stick, and for the money, it's such a versatile device with all the main streaming apps such has NowTV, Netflix, Amazon Video, Google Play and YouTube.

My only gripe with the old Roku stick is the navigation can be a bit slow compared to the Roku boxes, but it looks like that Roku have addressed this with a much faster inbuilt processor.

Also in the video, I like the idea you can cast the stream back from the Roku stick onto a mobile device and utilize a set of headphones.

Obviously, this device won't be of interest to ITunes Customers or Kodi users.

***Mods If for any reason i am breaking forum community rules here , please remove this post.***

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps wrote:

Looks like the new 2016 streaming stick is being released in the USA (see article and video from CNET on my link below).

http://www.cnet.com/products/roku-streaming-stick-2016/

Hopefully, this newer version of the Roku streaming stick will also be introduced in the UK market sometime in the not so distance future.

I own the original Roku stick, and for the money, it's such a versatile device with all the main streaming apps such has NowTV, Netflix, Amazon Video, Google Play and YouTube.

My only gripe with the old Roku stick is the navigation can be a bit slow compared to the Roku boxes, but it looks like that Roku have addressed this with a much faster inbuilt processor.

Also in the video, I like the idea you can cast the stream back from the Roku stick onto a mobile device and utilize a set of headphones.

Obviously, this device won't be of interest to ITunes Customers or Kodi users.

***Mods If for any reason i am breaking forum community rules here , please remove this post.***

Well at the moment  Currys have £10 of the Roku players so this might mean it's coming soon.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

I picked up my Roku stick in last years Black Friday Sales for £24 without adding any Tesco vouchers, one of my better bargain purchases. Smiley Happy