cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Initial now tv box set up

I have connected the internet and logged in and all I am getting Is a screen that says linking with an arrow spinning. It's been doing it for about 20 mins. It doesn't want to go past this point.i have unplugged the power lead , that didn't help. What do I need to do?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Power down both TV and NowTV box, then disconnect the HDMI cable at both ends, then re connect the HDMI cable.

Then switch on TV followed by the NowTV box and make sure that you are on the correct HDMI input source on your TV.

If still no joy, carrying out a factory reset again keep holding the pin in the reset hole until a picture appears on your TV screen (might take about 30 seconds).

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Great to hear the issue was resolved...

Just in case anybody else is having a problem with their intial set up...I just got a blue screen.  The online Now TV assistant although was helpful never gave this advice, resulting in me sending a what was probably a perfectly good box back and having to wait for the new one to arrive. Of course when the new one arrived same thing happened!!

Turns out if you have an older tv, you need to initialise your Now TV box on a more modern device, I took mine to a friends initialised it, brought it back to mine, and hey presto.

Hope this helps some people in similar boat.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

How old is your tv

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Jane,

It was a cast off from my dad - so, although HD ready, well over 10 years.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Trying to set up Roku 4201UK and have error code 014.50
Can anyone help.
I have a Samsung TV
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Have you tried step 3 in this help guide linked below ?

https://help.nowtv.com/article/Troubleshooting-steps-for-the-Roku-player

Would using an Ethernet cable between your router and Roku box be a practical alternative option over wifi in your home setup ?