cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Flixster problems

I'm having serious problems with my flixster app on my now tv box, out of 132 titles 46 of them do not have the option to play them, also my Tv series have disappeared from the app now as well! And they were there before and worked so I don't know what to do, I had the problem over a year ago, it seemed to sort itself out mostly but it still won't work how I'd expect it to, I've signed out, re-registered the box, unlinked my uv account from flixster and re-linked it and deleted the app and re-installed it but still nothing! Can anyone shed some light onto what is wrong?
17 REPLIES 17
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
I'm having serious problems with my flixster app on my now tv box, out of 132 titles 46 of them do not have the option to play them, also my Tv series have disappeared from the app now as well! And they were there before and worked so I don't know what to do, I had the problem over a year ago, it seemed to sort itself out mostly but it still won't work how I'd expect it to, I've signed out, re-registered the box, unlinked my uv account from flixster and re-linked it and deleted the app and re-installed it but still nothing! Can anyone shed some light onto what is wrong?

Hi @Anonymous User

Flixster is only used in the UK to access ultraviolet movies and my correct in thinking this is what you're using it for?

Unfortunately, this issue isn't uncommon and there isn't really anything that can be done about it Smiley Happy it's caused by a mixture of licensing issues and how unbelievably barebones the app is. The only thing you can really hope for is that the app eventually receives an update.

Flixster unfortunately aren't allowed to playback all movies on all devices. Currently TV shows can only be played back on PC (via the website or the app) and android and iOS devices. Nothing else is able to playback TV shows currently. The app also can't support episodic titles , so the flixster app wouldn't be able to play any of the maze Runner titles, for example, because of a are based of a set of books.

If you do want to playback most of your ultraviolet titles you could try using blinkbox (now known as talktalk TV store) as they are pretty much the best provider in the UK currently when it comes to ultraviolet support . Once you've paired your ultraviolet account with a blinkbox (talktalk TV store account) . You should be able to access most of your titles, including your ultraviolet TV shows. Unfortunately blinkbox/talktalk TV store don't support Roku or the now TV box. You still might not be able to access all your movies but you will be able to access most of them.

http://www.blinkbox.com/

Sorry I couldn't be more helpSmiley Sad

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@commanda6 wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User

Flixster is only used in the UK to access ultraviolet movies and my correct in thinking this is what you're using it for?

Unfortunately, this issue isn't uncommon and there isn't really anything that can be done about it Smiley Happy

Hi @Anonymous User

Oh dear, I just noticed I put the wrong smiley there. I do apologise. Smiley Sad I wasn't intending to be cheeky

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The flixster app on my phone and tablet work perfectly fine, and play everything, whereas blinkbox only plays about 75% also sainsburys entertainment app plays about 60% but it's the app on the now box, the only way I have to view my ultraviolets on my tv that sucks! It used to play tv series but now they don't even show up, also the scorch trials works on mine, fast and furious 1,2,4 and 5 work but 3,6 and 7 won't, there isn't even the option to play them it makes no sense! Don't worry about the smiley, I appreciate you taking the time to reply 👍🏻
Anonymous User
Not applicable

According to Flixster they do not support Roku, NowTV app in the UK the fact that the TV series worked at all is amazing. I only recently started using Flixster for my UV content and iOS and Android is fine but they said no support for the UK on the Roku platform. This might be a Sky issue as they have such a stake in Roku now that they might have blocked that support. That does put into question why have the app on the NowTV store at all, same goes for Roku as UK users can't use it. I have tried Sainsbury and Cinema Now and they do work with UV content. Now the issue some are having on some content not showing in Flister or the other UV providers is the licencing side. The provider might have the movie but might not be UV on one provider but on with the other I have noticed, and that is what UV people said too.

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

According to Flixster they do not support Roku, NowTV app in the UK the fact that the TV series worked at all is amazing. I only recently started using Flixster for my UV content and iOS and Android is fine but they said no support for the UK on the Roku platform. This might be a Sky issue as they have such a stake in Roku now that they might have blocked that support. That does put into question why have the app on the NowTV store at all, same goes for Roku as UK users can't use it. I have tried Sainsbury and Cinema Now and they do work with UV content. Now the issue some are having on some content not showing in Flister or the other UV providers is the licencing side. The provider might have the movie but might not be UV on one provider but on with the other I have noticed, and that is what UV people said too.

@Anonymous User 

roku is supported in the uk if it wasn't supported it wouldn't be in the channel store

http://support.ultraviolet.flixster.com/link/portal/15025/15266/Article/4620/Can-I-stream-Movie-and-TV-episodes-on-my-Roku

As for support of the now TV box. It's probably more a case of because their support is based in the USA. They have no idea what nowTV/nowTV box is let alone whether they support it or not.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I communicated to a tech person at Flixster on the 23rd Feb 2016 and they said:

We apologize for any confusion, but at this time the Flixster channel is not supported on the Roku in your location. We currently don’t have a time frame for when a Roku Flixster channel will be fully up and running there, but please keep checking back. For a list of devices that support Flixster in your location...

So I guess for now at least no support for Roku NowTV in the UK.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I got that as well, then half an hour later I got another email saying they were!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User the Flixter app on Roku went from being a Trailers only app (which Sky were happy to have on their box) to one which supported UV titles. The titles which don't work is an issue with Flixter, I believe that the flag to check if you can watch something is used against their US database and not the UK database which can bring back different results to content you can watch on your mobile/tablet.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just bought a Now TV box and saw the Flixster app, "Amazing", I thought to myself, what a cheap way to get access to all my BlinkBox/UV downloads.

Not a single one of them works... 😞