cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Entertainemnt/Movie channels not working

Hi. Since my roku box last updated we have been unable to watch any entertainment or movie channels. We still get freeview but that's it. Raised the issue with now tv and was advised to buy another box(which I have done) and it still doesn't work. Any ideas on how to fix this as it has been 2 weeks.
12 REPLIES 12
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Just wondering is TalkTalk your broadband provider ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes it talk talk
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Apparently since the latest firmware update on the smart box a few TalkTalk users have been suffering issues that you seem to be encountering.

Maybe try these suggestions in the two threads linked below.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Smart-Box/Now-TV-Smart-box/m-p/462366#M5615

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Smart-Box/Now-TV-Smart-Box-NowTV-App-after-Update/m-p/460389#M5384

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks. Nice of Now Tv to tell me to buy a new box as it may be faulty.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I would try getting your replacement smart box working again first.

Then i would suggest taking this up with live chat to see if they can compensate you in some way if you had to pay for a replacement smart box due to the NowTV Team given you bad advice on suggesting to purchase a new box.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yeah I will. Thanks again
Anonymous User
Not applicable

hello, ths would be m first time with now tv, i have got all set up quite quick, but when it comes to viewing any moves or even tv channels .. it keep showing a purple screen but will play sound. it has gliched a bit and showen the choosen tv programme but will bounce straight back to purple? is there anything wrong with my now tv box ?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Sounds like a HDMI handshake issue, where try the following.

1. Power down the box at the mains then restart,

2. If that doesn't work power down both TV and box and disconnect and re connect the HDMI cable at both ends, then re start TV and box.

3. If that fails try a different HDMI cable and HDMI port on your Tv.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
heya thanks for the response , i tried all the suggested actions last night
, and is still doing the same thing, i have also changed the hdmi leads?
could it be something to do with my tv?