cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Drops from good picture quality to pixelated

I am having issues with certain movies on my now TV box as they go from great quality to really bad quality and it can happen the whole way through a film even if reloaded.
9 REPLIES 9
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Could be a few causes but probably due to struggling to maintain a fast enough Internet connection.

If you connect via wifi make sure the box is in an open space, not tucked behind or under the TV, or on a crowded shelf. Sometimes moving the box from one side of the TV to another may help, or a different place in the room, cables permitting.

It's also possible that changing the wifi channel on the router may help (if it's set on auto then rebooting the router should make it select the current best choice).

Have a play around with a few different positions and if you still have trouble you can always post back.

Also if you have the black NOW TV box, connecting via an Ethernet cable would help, although this often isn't practical if the router isn't nearby.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Theres something not right , loads of people complain , nothing gets done , a good way to lose customer , i have a now tv box and wired xbox one with app 40meg down , so no speed issues ,mine was great one minute then fuzzy the next , neflix , amazon and disney life all work in hd with no issues wired or unwired ,i changed my dns setting of my router and it did the trick heres a link to several free public dns servers  

https://www.increasebroadbandspeed.co.uk/uk-isp-dns-server-settings let me know if it works Thank

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for your suggestions.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Would a booster for the WiFi help? The router is in another room so not able to plug it in.
chilli2
Elite

is this issue present on other services such as Amazon prime, netflix etc?

Have you tried the network speed test app/channel, if not then go to the channel store ( streaming channels) and load it on to your box, what does it report??

Go here https://my.roku.com/account/add/ and add Channle Code SPEEDTEST report back with what it says

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Not on other things no just the movies and I don't know how to find out the
model?
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Would a booster for the WiFi help? The router is in another room so not able to plug it in.

@Anonymous User Possibly. Powerline adapters would be another possibility.

However as you do seem to get a good picture intermittedly I'd suggest you play around with position, other sources of interference and wireless channels before you start thinking about spending money.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have done a restart and it seems to be ok at the moment. I'm not sure where I can move it to. Thank you so much for your help.
chilli2
Elite

Have you tried loading the Speedtest onto your box?

its quite simple, just log in   here https://my.roku.com/account/add/ and add Channel Code SPEEDTEST or search for it in the channel store on your box/stick