cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Connecting Streaming NOW TV Box to Old TV

I wonder if someone can help please. I have looked under other postings but to no avail as it appears to be a different configuration.

I have a streaming NOW TV box which works perfectly well on a small tv with a HDMI cable. However, I have tried connecting it to an old Black Diamond TV with a HDMI to scart converter:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1080P-HDMI-Scart-Scart-HDMI-Audio-Video-Converter-Adapter-HDMI-cable-/202...

The converter works perfectly well on the small newer TV when I connect the HDMI as the input and the scart lead as the output. However, the old TV does not pick it up with the same configuration on the usual 00 programme that it does for other inputs.

Hence, both the NOW TV box and the converter are working well. It is the old tv picking up the connection that is the problem. It has just 2 scart inputs (and no other input) and no remote control. I want to use the old tv as it has a much bigger screen and I can actually see the content!

Does anyone have any ideas? 

1 REPLY 1
chilli2
Elite

You might be ebtter off asking on the Now TV box forum, as this is for Roku products.

another option would be an older Roku, but the ones with AV out havent been sold in the UK for a while, they are slow and unresposnsive on things such as Iplayer, netflix etc.

Not sure if an imported Roku Express+ which has AV out would work

Completly outside the box, what about a TV upgrade?