Occasional Poster

Re: Cannot sign in on my Roku

Yes I can sign on to my iPhone my PCs but my now TVs black box won't let me go past the signing bit I have tried everything from factory reset, reset button on the back of box, new password, new account, update the box the only thing I haven't tried is smashing it if the WALL maybe that my fix it 8weeks I have had this problem and you don't forget to take money from my bank account worst thing regarding tv I have. Ever bought total garbage
Community Manager

Hi @Rajahnow

Thanks for getting in touch with us here at NOW TV. 

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you have encountered when signing into your NOW TV Box. 

Can you please let us know if you receive a specific error message? Are you able to try resetting your NOW TV Box via the reset button on the back? 

Can you please also let us know if you have been able to sign in and play out on your PC?

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

Occasional Poster

I have no problem with my Roku 3 or my pc but I have just added a Roku 2 in another room and can't get the sign-in page. Just the 3 pages advertising the different channels.

Legend 4

@marieann11 after passing the third advert you should be able to use the app as per the Roku 3. Have you tried restarting the box, and if you are still have issues removing then readding the NOW TV app?

-----
I'm a Community Contributor not staff, so whilst I know a lot about the service I will be unable to help with any account issues.
Follow my Twitter Bots @NowTVCatchup @NowTVBoxset and @NowTVFilms for updates on content added and leaving NOW TV.
Did you find this post useful, why not give some Thanks?
Occasional Poster

Thank you everything is now working.

First Poster

I tried to watch a programme on more 4 but it now says you have to sign in, So I googled this Roku an it wants bank details, I'm not happy with this I just want to watch catch up programmes that i have missed, I've had now TV for 5 years and I've never had to sign in before why start making life difficult for people,So my question is do I have to sign up with Roku an put in my bank details just so I can watch a programme I have missed If so WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Champion 4

Hi @bellegaynor,

Do you have a Roku or NOW TV branded box?

NOW TV branded devices do require you to create a NOW TV account when you first set them up.

And just-so-you-know... NOW TV have no control over 'third-party' apps, such as BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4, Demand 5, RedBull TV, YouTube etc. Their content, their delivery systems, their UI's and their distribution platform are entirely controlled by the service provider. So if things have changed with the All4 app, you'll have to take your issue up with Channel 4.

Cheers

• If I've been helpful please press the THANKS button • If I've been really helpful please also press the ACCEPT SOLUTION button • Please note: I'm not a NOW TV employee, I'm a regular NOW TV customer, like you! •

LG TV 1 = Model no: 43UH668V | Software: 04.30.70 | OS: webOS 3.31 • LG TV 2 = Model no: 65UH770V | Software: 04.31.10 | webOS •

All TV's = NOW TV app: 2.27.0 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • Networking Spec = ISP: Virgin Media (75Mbps) | Devices connection type: Wired | IP address type: Fixed (device permitting) •

First Poster

Hi, just wondering if there is a resolution to this probl...

Hi, just wondering if there is a resolution to this problem? I also have a Now TV branded Roku box, used to work without issue, now I cannot sign in despite my account details being entered correctly.
Error message is displayed telling me my account details are incorrect. Have tried the usual options of hard reset, password changes, moving the box closer to the router, but no change.
Any assistance would be appreciated.
Champion 4

Problems signing into NOW TV

[ Edited ]

CTR1981 wrote:
...Error message is displayed telling me my account details are incorrect. 

Hi @CTR1981,

Have you checked that your credit/debit card details are upto date?

If you continue having 'account details' issues you will need to contact a NOW TV representative.

You'll find it easier to contact a NOW TV representative via the forums 'Live Chat' facility or 'Send us a message' facility by using a Windows or Mac computer, not a mobile device, as their web browsers might not sophisticated enough to display 'pop-up' windows (ie: windows within windows). Also, Mac or IOS device users might require JavaScript support enabled in their Safari internet browsers. Here's what you need to do: -

• Click on the following: How To Contact NOW TV link.
  • To 'Send us a message', click on the light blue 'Send Message' button.
  • To start a 'Live Chat', click on the dark blue 'Chat online' button.
  • A new 'What can we help you with today?' pop-up window should open up.
  • Click on the 'Request Chat' button.

Cheers

• If I've been helpful please press the THANKS button • If I've been really helpful please also press the ACCEPT SOLUTION button • Please note: I'm not a NOW TV employee, I'm a regular NOW TV customer, like you! •

LG TV 1 = Model no: 43UH668V | Software: 04.30.70 | OS: webOS 3.31 • LG TV 2 = Model no: 65UH770V | Software: 04.31.10 | webOS •

All TV's = NOW TV app: 2.27.0 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • Networking Spec = ISP: Virgin Media (75Mbps) | Devices connection type: Wired | IP address type: Fixed (device permitting) •