cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Bad picture quality

Hi. For the last week or so the picture has been blocky/pixelated. Troubleshooting shows no problems, have tried restarted everything but no change. If anyone has any ideas it would be much appreciated
5 REPLIES 5
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Sorry to hear you're having problems. First things first: -

• What's the make and model number of the device(s) you're using to access and play NOW TV content?
    [ie: a NOW TV 'black' box, a NOW TV 'white' box or a NOW TV 'Smart' box. Or a 'Games Console' of some type, a 'Set Top Box' of some type, a 'Smartphone' of some type, a 'Tablet' of some type, a 'Windows PC', a 'Mac' computer or another type of device]
  • What things have you already tried to get your NOW TV playback device working again?

Sufficed to say, the more detailed information you are able to provide, the easier it will be for us NOW TV forum members and/or a NOW TV Team member to work out a solution for you!

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have a similar issue. Have the black box, worked fine for a while. Now almost constantly pixellated.

Turning off and on helps only momentarily.

This is only a problem with the NOW TV app. Using BBC iPlayer, ITV, Channel 4 etc, is not pixellated. Which suggests that the WiFi is not the probelm.

(Also sometimes watch on a Mac using NOW TV Player app, without a problem. But I guess that's not connected with the balck box problem).

Any suggestions?

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

Perhaps the following 'Help Centre' article may be of use to you: Hard / factory reset on the NOW TV Box

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the suggestion.

I reset the black box using the pinhole. I also tried using a wired Ethernet connection. Neither improved the pixellation problem.

I found a website that said resetting using the pinhole simply rebooted the box and was not a hard Factory Reset: https://www.skycards.eu/troubleshooting/how-to-hard-factory-reset-now-tv-box/

I'm wondering if this is worth trying.

At present we can watch BBC iPlayer etc, but NOW TV is fairly unwatchable with the pixellation. 

Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User sounds like a buffering issue. Try restarting your router. Signal may be getting clogged.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.