cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV box keeps crashing

My NOW TV box keeps crashing mid-way through programs which is so irritating. My box is now 2 years old. Has it reached the end of its life? I've done the reset and updated to most recent software but keeps happening...any help would be appreciated
Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Yes I'm using an HDMI cable and use Virgin fibre optic. I'll go and browse tomorrow at new boxes.

Indeed it does @Anonymous User

Your topic has therefore been moved from the 'NOW TV 'black' box' area of the forum to the 'NOW TV 'white' box' area of the forum...

View solution in original post

79 REPLIES 79
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Me too. White box. Model 2400SK. 

No issues with my daughter's NOW TV box. 

Incredibly frustrating. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Me three. Been going on for months now. Had enough. Obviously there is a problem that Now TV cannot resolve. My issues are with BBC ITV and All 4. It started with the update that changed the colours to pink.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm totally fed up now as the problems have been going on since you did your recent update. I've reported this problem twice and did everything the help desk says but nothing changed.

BBCi player, All 4 and ITV apps are not working. You are sitting watching the programme and it freezes once then starts again freezes and then kicks you out to the purple screen. It then takes a very long time to reload. I think there is something wrong with your update. We have two white boxes one downstairs and one upstairs and it happens with both. The TV Makes a screeching mouse when it freezes and then goes blank with a blue screen.

It can't possibly be the apps as all three can't be a problem. I've reset I e done all the behind checks and it is still not resolved.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I'm having the same problem with one of my two white boxes. Can anyone help?
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

How long have you had your 'white' NOW TV box? Sadly it could have reached the end of it's useful life Smiley Sad

The original white boxes are really showing their age now as their processing power is pretty limited when it comes to running some of todays third-party apps (ie: BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, RedBull, YouTube, etc) . Some people have had some success deleting apps and/or reseting their white boxes to free up memory. However, if the problem persits you're probably better off treating yourself to the newer 'black' NOW TV box.

By contrast, the 'black' boxes which were released in Aug 2015 offer twice the RAM memory and a faster 'dual' core CPU. And can be connected to the internet via WiFi or wired ethernet.

If you're interested, various retailers (such as: Currys, Argos, Tesco, Amazon and even John Lewis often have 'bundle' offers (ie: a NOW 'black' box with either '2-month Cinema' or '3-month Entertainment' voucher passes) for around £15.00 or less.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My white Now TV box is fairly old now, so it might just be that it's breaking, but ever since the new Channel 4 app update, it's been crashing a lot, cuts off the program and restarts the entire box, first it was just with 4OD but now its with all of the freeviw apps, ITV, channel 5 and BBC all crash randomly throughout watching shows.

It doesn't do it with any of the Sky channels in my entertainment package or movie package, its just the apps.

Any reason why? Do I need to buy a new box? 

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

How long have you had your 'white' NOW TV box? A lot of the 'third-party' apps have got more complex in recent times and may have out-grown the memory recources and processing power of the older 'white' boxes!

Some people have had some success deleting apps and/or reseting their white boxes to free up memory. However, if the problem persits you're probably better off treating yourself to the newer 'black' NOW TV box.

And just-so-you-know... NOW TV have no control over 'third-party' apps, such as BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4, Demand 5, RedBull TV, YouTube etc. Their content, their delivery systems, their UI's and their distribution platform are entirely controlled by the service provider.

If you're interested Argos are currently offering the following 'black' box 'bundle' deals: -

NOW TV 'black' box with 3 month 'Entertainment' pass @ £14.99

NOW TV 'black' box with 2 month 'Cinema' pass @ £14.99

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I think my box has to be about 3 years old, maybe more, so perhaps it is time to upgrade to a new box 🙂

There's a black box in the living room and that works fine, the white box is in my bedroom though and is what keeps messing up! 

Thanks for getting back to me!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there, I have been having exactly the same problem as Nelloni was - mainly with BBC and All 4 - I don't have any problems with the movies that I watch with my movie package.  If I buy a new box (my current white box is around 2 years old), how will it affect my current subscription - will I have to start all over again?  Sorry if it sounds like a silly question, but I could do without the faff.  Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Buying a new box would not reset your subscription all you would have to do is log in with your current details and continue with your current passes.