cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Deal on Roku 2

Amazon Deal on Roku 2 Streaming Media Player (4205E) with Faster Processor (2015 model) today:

£49.99 & free delivery (that's £20 off the normal price)

Recommended because there are apps available to stream all of these services to your telly via the Roku 2:

NOW TV

Netflix

Amazon Video

Plus BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4, Demand 5.

If you've got an UltraViolet Library, that can be streamed via Sainsbury's Entertainment or CinemaNow.

If you run a PLEX server, there's a PLEX client for Roku so you can stream your local content.

Radio is available via TuneIn.

Other apps are also available for streaming a diverse range of stuff!

6 REPLIES 6
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Are you able to provide a link to this deal?

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Roku-Streaming-Player-Faster-Processor/dp/B00VRAZ700

Oh Wow! It was DEFINITELY £49.99 earlier this morning, but it now shows as £54.99 (still a £15 saving but... 😞 )

I do wonder how Amazon pricing works sometimes!!!

I've been watching for my desired price of £49.99 as I was planning to get another one, but something else happened so it's on hold for now.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@dr_necessitor I'm personally hoping that the latest version of HDMI Streaming Stick comes to UK.

I purchased my present version in Jan 2015 and using black box does show that stick does need additional clout.

To me stick is ideal as it's plugged in to hdmi at rear of TV so is invisible Smiley Happy

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

@dr_necessitor I'm personally hoping that the latest version of HDMI Streaming Stick comes to UK.

I purchased my present version in Jan 2015 and using black box does show that stick does need additional clout.

To me stick is ideal as it's plugged in to hdmi at rear of TV so is invisible Smiley Happy

The thing that really peeves me is that 7 years ago HDMI v1.4 introduced ethernet support (HEC). But nobody appears to have adopted it. Such an implementation would have been perfect for HDMI streaming sticks!

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@dr_necessitor wrote:

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Roku-Streaming-Player-Faster-Processor/dp/B00VRAZ700

Oh Wow! It was DEFINITELY £49.99 earlier this morning, but it now shows as £54.99 (still a £15 saving but... 😞 )

I do wonder how Amazon pricing works sometimes!!!

I've been watching for my desired price of £49.99 as I was planning to get another one, but something else happened so it's on hold for now.

Hi @dr_necessitor

You may or may not have just caused me to have a shopping accident Smiley LOL

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.

Updated

Amazon Deal on Roku 2 Streaming Media Player (4205E) with Faster Processor (2015 model) today:

£49.99 & free delivery (that's £20 off the normal price)

Recommended because there are apps available to stream all of these services to your telly via the Roku 2:

NOW TV
Netflix
Amazon Video

Sky Store

Plus BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4, Demand 5.

If you've got an UltraViolet Library, that can be streamed via Sainsbury's Entertainment or CinemaNow.

If you run a PLEX server, there's a PLEX client for Roku so you can stream your local content.

Radio is available via TuneIn.

Other apps are also available for streaming a diverse range of stuff!

You can use the Roku Mobile app to control your Roku 2 from iOS, Android, Amazon & Windows Phone devices.