cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Accidentally deleted devices

Hi

I'm a complete idiot at these things and I accidentally deleted the devices I had not knowing I couldn't add them back in if needed. Please can you reset them to what they were originally?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch with us. I'm sorry to hear you've been having issues with your devices.

I've dropped you an e-mail about this, please keep an eye out in your Inbox/Spam folders 🙂

Thanks,

Rob

NOW TV Team

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Hi

I'm a complete idiot at these things and I accidentally deleted the devices I had not knowing I couldn't add them back in if needed. Please can you reset them to what they were originally?

Hi Dxx247

What all 4 of them ?

Maybe speaking to live chat my help with the above problem.

http://help.nowtv.com/article/None-of-the-above-manage-my-account

To contact live chat, click on the "contact us" in the green box towards the bottom left on the above link page.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
3 out the 4 but I'd rather have them all back.

The live chat doesn't work and only brings up an error message.

Will end up cancelling because I can't be bothered wi the hassle of only adding one device a month.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Will end up cancelling because I can't be bothered wi the hassle of only adding one device a month.

Dxx247

Don't know why you are getting an error message when trying live chat.

You could also try emailing them on the same page link i posted above.

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

Dxx247

Don't know why you are getting an error message when trying live chat.

You could also try emailing them on the same page link i posted above.

Hi @Anonymous User

it is recommended that you use a desktop PC, laptop PC or Mac when using live chat. There's a chance it won't work properly if you don't.

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks for that

I don't have a laptop or pc anymore.

Dxx
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Thanks for that

Dxx

@commanda6

Would either a tablet or smart phone also work in contacting live chat (never had no reason to contact them, just curious to know).

Cheers 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Neither iPad or iPhone works. You can see why I'm getting a little frustrated. I'll try tomorrow on a friends laptop if I get a chance but cancellation date will be just about here so I could just do that.
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:
Thanks for that

Dxx

@commanda6

Would either a tablet or smart phone also work in contacting live chat (never had no reason to contact them, just curious to know).

Cheers 

Hi @schnapps

Trust you Smiley LOL that's actually quite a difficult question to answer

From what I've read on the forums over the last few years I've seen quite a few things to suggest that live chat might work with android devices. But I've seen quite a few things which suggest that live chat doesn't work with IOS devices.

The trouble is, particularly with android devices as countless different kinds and types available. So it's impossible to say what would work and what wouldn't. Bearing in mind there is some real rubbish on sale, which has android on it. Some of the stuff doesn't even have 720p screens. Most desktop websites aren't designed to handle low screen resolutions any more the bare minimum these days that desktop sites are designed to handle is probably 1024x768. Bearing in mind that the mobile version of the now TV site is not available for all sections of the site. This probably includes live chat. Also, mobile web browsers aren't typically designed to handle complicated website functions such as and live chat function that now TV use. Mobile browsers are only really intended for quite basic webpages.

However, on the other side of the argument android devices now come with the mobile version Google Chrome due to the enhancements that Google has made to the mobile version of Google Chrome in recent years. This is now arguably more like a desktop browser then it is a mobile browser in terms of functionality, so as long as you have a device which has a decent screen resolution (720p or above.) There's a chance live chat might work, but there's no guarantee it will but I wouldn't recommend trying it because even if it does work. It's going to be very fiddly on a mobile or tablet)

The reason why places like eBay and Amazon offer apps is

1. because the app is easier to use than their website would be on a mobile device 
  2. because they're not sure every aspect of the website will work properly on a mobile device. Due to the limitations that can exist in mobile browsers

the fact is, mobile phones and tablets have not got to the point where they are PC replacements yet and probably won't do for a long while yet, if ever, so although most people don't realise it, you still do need a PC. This is the reason why I still recommend the use of a PC. When managing accounts online (including now TV) or contacting now TV. I've seen now TV recommend this themselves on the forum as well.

So in short, there is no definitive answer to that question . It might work, but then again it might notSmiley Sad 

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch with us. I'm sorry to hear you've been having issues with your devices.

I've dropped you an e-mail about this, please keep an eye out in your Inbox/Spam folders 🙂

Thanks,

Rob

NOW TV Team