cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Stuttering sky sports on ps4

I am trying now TV for the first time on my ps4, the picture is stuttering, it is making it almost impossible to watch as it is giving me headache after on 5 minutes!
I am trying to watch the Leeds game on ss2. I have 80mb connection, and all other streaming services are faultless, even 4k netflix and YouTube.
If this is the standard of service from now TV, I will not be using it again. Very disappointing, how can I get my £6.99 back?
19 REPLIES 19
BicBasher
Elite

The PS4, like most services that use NOW TV output at 60hz.  UK tv outputs at 50hz, so you have extra frames giving the juddering effect which is more apparant when watching sport or fast action films.

If you use an Apple TV box or an LG Smart TV, you get smooth playback as Apple offers a 50hz or 60hz option and LG sets output at 50hz.

Networking Spec - ISP: TalkTalk VDSL2 @ 76mbps | Amazon Fire TV Cube 2nd Gen, Chromecast 3rd Gen WiFi, Motorola Moto G9 (Android 11), Dell PC with Windows 10 Home Edition using Now TV Player.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem. I thought it was my TV at first but other apps don't have this problem. Quality looks horrible.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thank you for getting in touch, very sorry to hear you've had some issues with the streaming quality on the PS4. Is this still happening? Have you tried a wired connection?

If this continues can you try clearing the NOW TV game data and let us know how it goes. Are you able to try any other devices on the TV?

Cheers

Ranj 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User and @Anonymous User,

We've released another update for the PS4 app which should fix this issue. Can you test and let me know?

Just so you know, we have found another issue where the app freezes when switching directly between live channels. We're on that now, and in the meantime you can exit out of a channel and go into another one via the menu as a workaround.

Thanks,

Tom

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am also experiencing this.

30mbps wired internet connection on the ps4, image quality is fine, but the steam is stuttering. 

Makes it virtually unwatcheable... 

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User have you followed @Anonymous User and @Anonymous User advice?

Also, try uninstalling the app and reinstalling it.

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'll try that now- thanks
The app is as up to date as it can be, that is all they've suggested so far from what i've read.

Edit-

Just uninstalled and reinstalled, still really juddery. As I said, quality is fine. It isn't an issue with me internet or the quality of image, it is just juddering.

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Thanks for getting in touch. 

I'm sorry for the issues you have encountered when trying to view on your PS4. 

Can you please let us know if you are still experiencing this issue? 

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am, it works fine on my laptop but not on the TV.

I talked to somoene over the chat and tried all troubleshooting steps, all we got to was a refund and a promise that someone would look into it.

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User try using live chat:

http://help.nowtv.com/article/None-of-the-above

Scroll to the  bottom where it says contact us and you'll then see live chat.

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂