cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky Sports poor quality

Hi

Relatively new Now TV customer but have been with Sky for many years and recently moved to BT with the intention of getting my Sky exclusive channels via Now TV.

Fairly happy with the movies and entertainment packages, but Sky Sports seems poor quality.  Certainly doesn't look 720p as advertised.

Stream quality showing as 3450 and I'm on a 50mb line so should be fine.  I regularly stream Netflix and Amazon and these look perfect so am confident this is nothing to do with my setup.  Viewing via a wired connection on my PS4.

Don't get me wrong, it's definitely watchable, just not the 720p I would expect.  Certainly, this is nowhere near the quality I used to get through my Sky box. Framerate seems slower and colours not as vibrant.

I guess my question is, is there anyway I can improve picture quality or is this as good as it gets through Now TV?  Does anyone else suffer from the same issue?

I've done the usual, reboot router etc..

2 REPLIES 2
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi

Relatively new Now TV customer but have been with Sky for many years and recently moved to BT with the intention of getting my Sky exclusive channels via Now TV.

Fairly happy with the movies and entertainment packages, but Sky Sports seems poor quality.  Certainly doesn't look 720p as advertised.

Stream quality showing as 3450 and I'm on a 50mb line so should be fine.  I regularly stream Netflix and Amazon and these look perfect so am confident this is nothing to do with my setup.  Viewing via a wired connection on my PS4.

I've done the usual, reboot router etc..

Hi @Anonymous User

A stream quality 3450 would indicate that you are getting 720p. 3450 is the maximum streaming quality that now TV provide.

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yep, agree.  That's why I was wondering if, even though I am getting the best quality stream, the picture quality just isn't as good on Now TV as it would be on a Sky box (even though both are 720p).

I've only bought a week pass so not too fussed.  Will maybe consider upgrading my BT subscription to include Sky Sports...