cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ps4 app won't sign in

I have signed up this morning and downloaded the nowtv app on the ps4 though I cannot sign in at all telling me that my sign in details are incorrect yet same sign in details work on the Android app on my phone. I have tried a password reset and uninstalling and reinstalling the app.
Has anyone had the same issue and how did you resolve
Thanks
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can't sign in on my PlayStation app

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nope but it just resolved itself. As soon as I had the email confirmation from now tv about the pass (which was about 24hrs later) all worked fine.
I would say I ended up cancelling the movie pass pretty much straight away as movies never reached the end without buffering, kiddies programs were fine though (I assume because of shorter length). Again this problem only appears to be with PS4 no issues on iPad. Sorry can't be of more help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yep the pass is there started today expires 14th August, yes I'm able to watch kids program on the Android app (kids pass bought). My password is all lowercase letters and some numbers.
Netflix / Amazon all working fine too
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

I'm sure you're not doing anything wrong but just to double check, on your Android app can you look on the My Account screen where it should tell you what username you are logged in as and make sure that's the username you are using to log into the PS4 with.

Assuming you are then sorry but I'm not sure what is stopping you logging on. I'll tag a couple of the NOW TV Team members @Tony-D and @Anonymous User and hopefully one of those will pick up your thread.

The other thing you could try is having a word with live chat, you'll find the button for them on this page

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/can-not-sign-in

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there

Was there any resolution to this as I have the same problem.  When I try to sign in woth PS4 app I get teh error "Sorry, we did not regognise either your username oe password" yet it is fine on PC Ipad etc.  I have checked I am using correct password and username, as well as deleting and reinstalling the PS4 app and resetting my password multiple times.   Always the same result, all ok on PC etc not on PS4...very confusing!

Cheers

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

I don't own a PS4 so i won't be much help unfortunately.

However, a quick question are you based in the UK or the Republic of Ireland ?

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. When you go to your My Account > My Passespage on the website

https://account.nowtv.com/passes

do you see whichever pass you've bought /trial you've signed up for active? And on the Android app are you able to watch something from that pass?

Also does your password just contain numbers and letters, not any special characters as some apps have issues with special characters.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy wrote:

Also does your password just contain numbers and letters, not any special characters as some apps have issues with special characters.

@Andy

The NowTV apps where there is an issue with using special characters in your password, have NowTV identified the Apps in question and on which NowTV playback devices ?

Also are NowTV going to fix this with software updates in the future ?

@Sorry to jump in on this thread, thought it was a good opportunity to ask the question (send me a PM if you don't want to post on the forum or do i need to direct this question to a NowTV employee such has @Karl-F ?

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps As far as I've noticed on the forum it only seems to be NOW TV box owners that have had issues, but I can't be certain it's not affecting any of the other devices. I'm also not sure if it's been corrected yet or not as I don't use special characters, but as a general precaution I think it's worth mentioning around when it comes to sign in issues.