cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Playstation 4 Buffering / stopping

Anyone else having ps4 problems over the last couple of weeks.
Ive tried.
uninstalling and reinstalling the application.
Restarting my router
ensuring nothing else is using bandwidth.
Changing my dns to opendns
Other ps4 video apps(amazon etc) run fine.
Now tv via its own box doesn't stop. Just on ps4.
Any ideas. I like watching thones downstairs on the big tv.
95 REPLIES 95
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've been having these issues on the PS4 for a few weeks now, everything else works fine on PS4 Netflix Amazon/love film etc it's just Now TV!

Works fine on iPad too.
When will this be fixed, very frustrating given the monthly cost
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm not going through all that just to use your app, when everything else works fine. If it doesn't work tonight I'll just stick with Netflix and not renew my account when it runs out. Cheers for advice anyway.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Exactly. If I buy a service saying I can watch a programme through my PC and it just keeps saying "whoops there seems to be a problem" and you need to come out of the very unintuitive system every 10 minutes to start again that is a rubbish system. Surprised no one has sued you yet. Waste of money

@Anonymous User wrote:
I'm not going through all that just to use your app, when everything else works fine. If it doesn't work tonight I'll just stick with Netflix and not renew my account when it runs out. Cheers for advice anyway.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i have the same issue with the app i always have a wired connection so i switched to wifi and it went even badder i use netflix all the time and never have buffering issues my partner uses nowtv on our ee box wirelessly in the living room about 12 foot away from the box and has no buffering so the ps4 app needs sorting out there must be a bug in the programming and im not clearing all my ps4 content because i have had 3 differant internet providers and had the same problem with all 3 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having the same problem sadly, it's bad when I watch movies and not that great when I watch the entertainment section. It's not the PS4 either, I have zero problems with Netflix. I had the problem when I was using the now tv box that's why I cancled the sub for it, I'm only trying it again because there was a £1 offer.

Good idea, shame about the buffering.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I don't have it constantly on the entertainment channels, it's mainly movies. All that has been tried I'm afraid, as I said I even had trouble when I was using the now tv box.

thanks for trying to help 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thank you for getting in touch, sorry to hear you're having issues with the NOW TV app. I can appreciate that you're not having problems with other services but could you try restarting the PS4 or try a wired connection, if you're already using a wired connection then please try using a wireless connection.

Also try rebooting your router as this can help also. Let us know how you get on.

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

still the same mate, worked alright for a few films last night and back to square one today. I only ever have my PS4 connected to my internet, Netflix works great and so does gaming, so I can't see there been a connection problem.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Very sorry to hear that. can you try rebooting via safe mode and trying again. Have a look below

To Enter Safe Mode on PS4

1. Ensure the PS4 is powered off
  2. Press and hold the Power Button on the PS4. Release it after you've heard two beeps: one when you initially press, and another 7 seconds later.
  3. Connect the DualShock 4 controller with the provided USB cable and press the PS button on the controller.

You’ll then see the below options

1. Restart System- Ends Safe Mode and restarts the PlayStation 4 normally.
  2. Change Resolution- Changes the screen resolution to 480p when the PlayStation 4 is restarted.
  3. Update System Software- Allows the PlayStation 4 to update the system software via Internet, USB Drive, or Disc.
  4. Restore Default Settings- Restores the PlayStation 4 to the default factory settings.
  5. Rebuild Database- Scans the drive and creates a new database of all content.
    This operation may take a long time depending on the type and number of data items.
  6. Initialize PS4IMPORTANT: All data and settings will be lost by performing this step.
    Deletes all user data and restores the PS4 as if it just came out of the box. This option is the same as [Initialize PS4 ] in the (Settings) menu. System software (firmware) is not deleted.
  7. Initialize PS4 (Reinstall System Software)IMPORTANT: Deletes all information on the HDD, including the System Software. A message that states a USB storage device containing the System Software must be connected, is displayed. Then you can confirm the selection.

I would recommend choosing option 5 

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is people still having this problem? I bought 1 month subscription yesterday and it has done nothing but buffer all day. I haven't been able to get through 5mins of a film without it buffering a few times. I tried a few films also. It can't be my connection cause gaming/spotify/Netflix work great. I've tried all the tips above, restarting everything and still nothing. Complete waste of £10