cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Playstation 4 Buffering / stopping

Anyone else having ps4 problems over the last couple of weeks.
Ive tried.
uninstalling and reinstalling the application.
Restarting my router
ensuring nothing else is using bandwidth.
Changing my dns to opendns
Other ps4 video apps(amazon etc) run fine.
Now tv via its own box doesn't stop. Just on ps4.
Any ideas. I like watching thones downstairs on the big tv.
95 REPLIES 95
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I also have the same problem, there is obviously something wrong with your app.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there, I don't know if the date on this post is correct but my ps4 has been doing exactly the same thing recently. Did you ever sort it?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch with us. I'm sorry to hear that you've been having this issue too.

Are you able to give us the information asked by @Anonymous User for us so we can look into this further?

Thanks

Rob

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Rob-T - have you seen the thread on the ps4 shutting off every 20 mins, that's been running for last few days? I've asked you or another team member to comment on this repeatedly - we've got very similar problems, please can you comment?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Just to let you know that we are aware of this issue that some customers are facing. We've had a few contacts from other sources as well so we are just gathering as much info as we can at the moment, so we can determine what's going on. As soon as we have any more info about this, we'll let you know.

Thanks

Bisa

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, My router seems to restart everytime i watch NowV on my PS4. It happens 10 mins into a film then it stops, i look at my  router and all lights go off then reboots.

It also does the same on my sons PS4 in the next room but it works perfect onthe NowTV box downstairs.

Tryed all steps on previous mentioned with no luck.

So 2 different PS4's same issue, NowTV Box works fine.

It does not buffer, it just restarts my router, same on both PS4's

This has just recently happed, 3-5 days ago.

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Apologies for any delay in our response. It's very odd using the NOW TV App on both PS4's reboots your router.  

Can you please reply back with some additional information for use to further investigate the issue:

• Who's is your Internet service provider?
  • What type of router are you using?
  • Have you tried using a wired connection?

Thanks,

Aman

NOW TV Team 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The app on PS4 is useless! I have a now to box that works fine but the PS4 just buffers!! It's useless!!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Restarting, wired and non wired nothing seems to work. I have netflix running on the same ps4 and have no issues
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nope, no downloads running at three hundred and pausing every couple of seconds...