cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Playstation 4 Buffering / stopping

Anyone else having ps4 problems over the last couple of weeks.
Ive tried.
uninstalling and reinstalling the application.
Restarting my router
ensuring nothing else is using bandwidth.
Changing my dns to opendns
Other ps4 video apps(amazon etc) run fine.
Now tv via its own box doesn't stop. Just on ps4.
Any ideas. I like watching thones downstairs on the big tv.
95 REPLIES 95
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User@Anonymous User

We received these instructions from TalkTalk to pass to our customers who are affected by this issue.

I will pass this feedback on to our team who received this from TalkTalk as they are definitely aware of this.

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Andy-S

I've been waiting 8 days on the other thread for someone/anyone to confirm that the firmware upgrade fixes the problem, nothing yet.

Can you confirm that you have tested the fix? And did you ever find out why your app was crashing the router?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

This is the fix that our developers and TalkTalk's team have come up with.

I haven't tested the fix personally but as mentioned above this has come from our tech team who were working with TalkTalk on this fix.

We haven't been told what the issue is, all we know is that something within the filmware that TalkTalk released created the issue, hence they are the ones deploying the fix.

They might be better at answering some of your questions.

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm asking you, Andy, as your app is the only app/device/bit of code that has ever caused my router to crash.

So you haven't tested it and you don't know if your IT staff have tested it - is that right?

Before I upgrade, I'll wait for another forum user to comment on whether the talktalk fix/upgrade to 1.21t works or not.

Best - Groaner

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have also had same issue for months, PS4 only, everything else works fine, always buffering cannot watch 5 mins without it stopping. Completely useless on PS4 and I will be cancelling. Been ripping me off for months and have done nothing to fix the issue. Will be taking my hard earned cash elsewhere. Netflix or amazon. Anyone else want to join me?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the same problem! ONLY with the PS4 NOW TV app, it completely shuts down my TalkTalk router!  Netflix is fine!  Also, may be worth mentioning that my PS3 NOW TV app works just fine.  This need sorting out without just saying 'reboot your ps4'!!

Any suggestions to get this fixed??

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

As mentioned on the other thread you posted in, we are looking into this issue.

The other thread will be updated once we have more information.

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I keep seeing this set up static IP address for the problem of PS4 app constantly stopping. How do you do this. Thinking of stopping subscription as had months of interrupted viewing and sound lagging

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User,

Sorry to hear about the frustrating experience you've had and sorry for the late reply.

The instructions for setting up a static IP are below:

To set a static IP Address on PS4

1. Go to Settings > Network and View Connection Status
  2. Make a note of your default router IP Address (You may also find this at the back of router)
  3. Go back and select Set up Internet Connection
  4. Select Use WiFi or Use LAN (Wired) depending on the connection you’re using
  5. Select Custom
  6. If wireless scan for routers and enter your security pass
  7. If wired it should automatically take you to the next option
  8. In IP Address select Manual and enter the below:

• IP Address – Your router IP Address but the last digit a different number of your choice
  • Subnet Mask – 255.255.255.0
  • Default Router – Your router IP Address
  • Primary DNS – Your router IP Address
  • Secondary DNS – 0.0.0.0

1. Once all entered press RIGHT on the controller and select the following settings
  2. MTU Settings - Automatic
  3. Proxy Server – Do Not Use
  4. UPnP – Enabled
  5. Please then select X to save and test your connection

Hope that helps. Please do let us know how you get along.

Thanks,

Rich

The NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi exactly the same problem with talktalk router resetting on the ps4 however it works perectly fine on the xbox one so its nothing to do with the talktalk router as you try to suggest it clearly is an issuse with the nowtv apps compatabilty with the ps4 .. dont even suggest doing all the garbage suggestions wasting your time and mine.. terrible service to which you clearly have no idea how to fix... worst month subscription i ever paid id love a refund as you are providing a service i can not use.