cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

PS4 app not working

Hello,

For the last 2 weeks my now tv app on my PS4 isn't working. I've done everything I can think of, I've deleted and re installed the app 3 times now. I've updated the app itself. I even went to the point of resetting my PlayStation but all to no avail. It's the only app that isn't working, Netflix, iplayer, 4OD and all my gaming apps are working fine. Is it possible to get this sorted asap as obviously I'm currently paying for a service we're unable to use.

Thank you,

Luke301
28 REPLIES 28
Anonymous User
Not applicable

we have the same problem here. We can watch 1 episode then "Something went wrong" Close app and re-open watch 1 episode rinse and repeat. Works fine on my phone but I need this myself and the kids wants to watch TV without having to have me reset the app every 5 minutes. 

We have reinstalled it several times.. Might just end subsciption and go elsewhere cause this is getting ridiculous!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Also the same issue, can watch 1 episode or film, then I get the Somethings not right Error code PL-0 message. Then I need to restart the app to watch something else. Its becomming a real problem.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

HI @Anonymous User and @Anonymous User,

Sorry to hear that you're both still getting this error code.

Can you please try the following before re-installing and trying again.:

To delete the NOW TV App and it’s data

To Delete App

1. On PS4 go to Settings
  2. Choose System Storage Management
  3. Select Applications
  4. Highlight the NOW TV App
  5. Press OPTIONS on DualShock 4 (Controller)
  6. Select Delete

To Delete NOW TV Data

1. Please then go back to System Storage Management
  2. Select Application Saved Data
  3. Select Saved Data in System Storage
  4. Highlight NOW TV
  5. Press OPTIONS on DualShock 4 (Controller)
  6. Select Delete

Thanks,

Rich

The NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm all so have the same trouble did everything you did to mate but it just wont sign in it just stays on the sign in part been doing it for about 2 months now
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User @Anonymous User

Sorry to see you are still having issues with NOW TV on your PS4. The error code you're getting suggests that the app may have been corrupted during the download process. Please click here for steps on how to rectify this issue. If you're still having problems after trying these steps, let us know and we'll see what else we can try.

Thanks

Bisa

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

Yes it's fully up to date and this happens as soon as you click on the app doesn't let me log in.

Natalie
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv not working on my PS4 either... error message "cannot start the application (CE-39965-2)??? I have also deleted and removed installed.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

We're sorry to hear you're getting that.

Can you see if your PS4 is fully up to date too?

Do you get this when logging in or trying to watch content?

If so, is it specific to live or on demand content?

Thanks

Rob

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ours is the same, internet fine (virgin media) and Netflix, Amazon etc are all working! Getting fed up now & considering canceling our subscription....why pay for something we can't use! I've reinstalled the app on our ps4 numerous times too & checked all settings.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User,

Sorry for the late reply and for the frustrating experience.

Can you also let us know if you're getting an error message at all and where exactly the app stops working (e.g. does it not open at all).

Thanks,

Rich

The NOW TV Team