cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

PS4 app not working

Hello,

For the last 2 weeks my now tv app on my PS4 isn't working. I've done everything I can think of, I've deleted and re installed the app 3 times now. I've updated the app itself. I even went to the point of resetting my PlayStation but all to no avail. It's the only app that isn't working, Netflix, iplayer, 4OD and all my gaming apps are working fine. Is it possible to get this sorted asap as obviously I'm currently paying for a service we're unable to use.

Thank you,

Luke301
28 REPLIES 28
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My application will not open says error starting the app even tried deleting it still wont . Im paying for something thats not working so can you fix asap please !!! Gracias amigos

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having the exact same problem on my PS4 PRO, I am continually doing speed checks and have 10mb speeds on the PS4 pro and when now TV is running try to stream at 4mb, it will work for 10 seconds then a 30 second buffer! My NOW TV box in the bedroom works but not my PS4 which is closer to the router, is there a fix for this? It's ###### me off as I moved my nowtv box from the living room to the bedroom because the PS4 has this availability, but when it takes 2 hours to watch a 40min program takes the ######
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Its the app its not worked since the last update i had no problems beforehand getting 60 mb speed so its now tv thats the issue but it wont get sorted you can pay for a service that fails to deliver thats ok with them but i bet no refund will be given out by the fatcats laughing at us getting money for nothing im sick of this bs

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here at NOW TV. 

I'm very sorry for the issues you have encountered with the NOW TV App on your PS4. 

Our tech teams are currently looking into this issue as we speak.

Can you please let me know what exactly happens  when using the app, does the issue occur only when you try to play something or is it when you try to load up the app itself? 

Can you please also let us know who your internet provider is?

Thanks, 

Karl

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why is this not fixed yet? There is NOTHING wrong on our end. I've deleted the app and data, re-installed, re-installed the PS4 database, everything you can think of and yet STILL it's messing up!!!

Sort the app out already!! The problem is on YOUR end not your customers. 

Until it's fixed properly we have cancelled our subsciptions and will not be continuing our customs here. 

It works perfectly fine on everything else but on the PS4 and I'm sick of being treated like it's MY fault when it definitely is in your hands not mine!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem. Now TV app appears to be buffering every minute or so. I am watching on PS4 through Virgin broadband. No issues with any other streaming apps. When is this going to be fixed?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi having the same problem I am with talktalk and when I watch NOW TV on my ps4 my router keeps turning off can anybody help try speaking to Now TV and they told me to change the last digits on my ip address and follow their instructions but that did not work either
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:
Hi having the same problem I am with talktalk and when I watch NOW TV on my ps4 my router keeps turning off can anybody help try speaking to Now TV and they told me to change the last digits on my ip address and follow their instructions but that did not work either

@Anonymous User There is a widespread issue amongst some TalkTalk customers using NOW TV. If you go to their forums and post a thread just like you did here they will be able to walk you through the correct steps. It's a simple fix, all they have to do is update your firmware from their side. Here's the link to the correct forum to post in https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/TalkTalk-TV/bd-p/116

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I have the same problem with Virgin Media ... all the apps on PS4 are working but not Now Tv since a week....