cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

PS4 app buffering

I know there are other posts about this, but I can't find a solution that works for me.

My PS4 app has, in the last two days, stopped working usefully. I can open it and browse the content, and I can stream the adverts that show when I select a programme to watch. However, when I get to the selected show, I may get a few seconds of play, but then the coloured balls appear to stay. It's very frustrating. Sometimes it might play another few seconds after a few minutes, but that's not useable.

As so many other users have described, my wifi signal is strong, with good speeds. Other streaming apps, including Netflix, BBC iPlayer, etc, all work fine. My Now TV apps on PS3 and Macbook also work fine. I deduce, therefore, that it is not my account, the PS4, or my broadband that are at fault, but the PS4 app.

I've tried deleting and reinstalled the app and the data; I've rebuilt the database. Nothing has worked. It's been working fine right up until the last couple of days,

Any ideas gratefully received.

93 REPLIES 93
Anonymous User
Not applicable

This has also started happening to me as of 2 days ago (23/5/18).

Just re-tested my internet connection which is fine and other devices and players work.

I'm not happy with this service.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Also been getting constant buffering issues the last 3-4 days, no issues with any other apps or internet in general, fibre connection with 66mb+ Dl speeds and tried all the delete/re-add suggestions so guess all i'm left with is cancelling my entertainment and movie passes!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mine hasnt been working for about a week on the ps4, i can browse the guides and movies but when i try and play anything it freezes and  i have to turn the whole ps4 on and off again. All my other tv apps work yet now tv have said its my internet? i have an ethernet cable into the ps4 and fiber broadband.. my internet? i think not.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having the exact same problems. And the live chart is completely useless. I assume they're having problems at their end but won't admit to it.

Make a complaint as you're paying for a service you aren't receiving.

My internet speed is fantastic, and have no problems with ANYTHING else internet releated. All my other streaming services work perfectly. And yet live chat couldn't wrap their heads around that fact, and kept presuming I have slow internet connection or that i'm some dribbling buffoon.

Completely unhappy wih this.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having exactly the same issue and it is very frustrating, what should I do?
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User

Can you please let us know what version of the app you are using? 

We'll then try our best to get this looked into further for you.

Thanks, 

Karl 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is this ever going to get sorted please? Been having the same issue for a few weeks. I've been using nowtv for years and no problems until recently.  If it's not sorted I'll have to cancel. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

"I'm not aware of the exact date on which it got sorted but it was sorted recently."

So they were apparently aware of the issue, didn't inform it's customers, then fixed the issue but don't know when, and they didn't update their customers. And the issue isn't fixed, absolute awful customer service and their lack of response on here speaks volumes. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

complaint update: "

I have checked our forum and I would like to confirm that it was posted while we had issues.

The issue is sorted and I have helped many customers who have been successful in accessing NOW TV on their PS4."

As per usual I was then advised to follow the troubleshooting steps, which I've already advised them multiple times I have followed.

I've sent back my NOW TV app version and PS4 software version, advising them my PS4 updated on 18/05, when these problems seem to start.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've been having this same issue for a while now and it's definitely not improved.