cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv not loading on ps4

I've gone on to the now tv app on ps4 and it goes to the green screen with the now tv logo then it just stays on that, I left it on and after about 15 mins, it went to a black screen with a dotted blue bar in the top right hand corner, anyone know what's wrong?
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Guys once again I have had to put another post, my problem has lasted for nearly a month now and nothing has changed, I posted on the 22nd Jan that the app wouldn't load properly and then it started loading and then it wouldn't stream it would just give the "somethings not right" message. All of this was reported a long time ago and it still doesn't work. I even replied to an email that you sent me asking if I was still experiencing problems to which I replied yes I was only to have an immediate response saying that the email address wasn't monitored. This is by far the worst customer service I have ever had from you, you have done nothing to help me solve my issue and I have paid once again for two months of viewing where I haven't been able to actually view anything. You clearly don't give a ###### about your customers and I'm clearly not the only person having problems with the ps4 app as I've seen so many posts in the forums from frustrated customers who have basically been neglected by yourselves just because you've taken their money and they can't watch anything.
Please fix this or I will be cancelling my subscription.

Simon Fordham.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:
Guys once again I have had to put another post, my problem has lasted for nearly a month now and nothing has changed, I posted on the 22nd Jan that the app wouldn't load properly and then it started loading and then it wouldn't stream it would just give the "somethings not right" message. All of this was reported a long time ago and it still doesn't work. I even replied to an email that you sent me asking if I was still experiencing problems to which I replied yes I was only to have an immediate response saying that the email address wasn't monitored. This is by far the worst customer service I have ever had from you, you have done nothing to help me solve my issue and I have paid once again for two months of viewing where I haven't been able to actually view anything. You clearly don't give a ###### about your customers and I'm clearly not the only person having problems with the ps4 app as I've seen so many posts in the forums from frustrated customers who have basically been neglected by yourselves just because you've taken their money and they can't watch anything.
Please fix this or I will be cancelling my subscription.

Simon Fordham.

@Anonymous User

Hi Simon

Sorry to hear about the issues you've been having

I have contacted our technical team to have your case reopened and investigated further

Someone from the team will be in touch via email, I have also sent you an email with this information

Hopefully we'll have your issues resolved soon

Thanks
Aaron

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Wait, I spoke to soon. Now the app loads, but when I try to watch something it comes up with, guess what? Yep you've guessed right! "somethings not quite right, give it a moment"
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well guys you'll be pleased to know that it's working again. And guess what, it wasn't anything to do with my Internet or my PlayStation. It's funny what having a rant can do. Thanks anyway, as per usual I've been met with speedy and polite but terrible advice.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can't be bothered with you anymore, there isn't a problem with software or the router it's an app on a ps4, it had been working fine for over 6 months on the exact same system without any updates and yes this is the most up to date version as I've checked, the only issue I had was a late payment due to funds in my account but that was resolved 2 days later, it worked perfectly fine before that and now it's doing this.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Tony, thanks for your reply. There isn't any saved data on the system I've uninstalled it again, reinstalled it, restarted my Ps4 and still nothing, it just sits on the same rotating dots screen. This is really starting to ###### me off as with a lot of your customers. Stop telling us to turn things on and off or check our network connection when every other app works perfectly fine. You know you have problems, you've had them ever since the beginning but yet you still don't do anything to improve it, you just give us temporary fixes. We are all paying for this service but yet we can't use it to its full potential.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:
Hi Tony, thanks for your reply. There isn't any saved data on the system I've uninstalled it again, reinstalled it, restarted my Ps4 and still nothing, it just sits on the same rotating dots screen. This is really starting to ###### me off as with a lot of your customers. Stop telling us to turn things on and off or check our network connection when every other app works perfectly fine. You know you have problems, you've had them ever since the beginning but yet you still don't do anything to improve it, you just give us temporary fixes. We are all paying for this service but yet we can't use it to its full potential.

@Anonymous User

Hi Simon

Could you let us know who you internet provider is as the issue could be caused by a software issue between our app and the router

Thanks

Aaron

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi guys, once again I'm back here with a problem. When I launch the app on my Ps4 it opens and goes to the green screen with logo, then it goes to the black screen with the rotating coloured dots, it just sits on this screen and doesn't change, I have deleted the app and downloaded it again and still no change.

Many thanks,
Simon Fordham
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:
Hi guys, once again I'm back here with a problem. When I launch the app on my Ps4 it opens and goes to the green screen with logo, then it goes to the black screen with the rotating coloured dots, it just sits on this screen and doesn't change, I have deleted the app and downloaded it again and still no change.

Many thanks,
Simon Fordham

Hi @Anonymous User 

Have you tried deleting the cache files stored on the sytem when accessing NOW TV?

You can delete your save data by selecting Application Saved Data Management in the main Settings menu. Choose Saved Data in System Storage and then Delete. Then Uninstall and Install the app again.

Thanks

Tony