cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv keeps buffering ps4

Every 10 minutes (if im lucky) series keep stopping i need to get out and in again. Ive read to try and use wifi instead of cable connection, still does the same. Just now had it all crash aswell. Quite annoying when you pay a lot more than netflix
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV PS4. Nothing wrong with internet but it’s constantly buffering. SORT IT OUT!!!!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same issues, massive buffering and crashing.

Didn't do it before. No reason apparent, other players don't have the same problem??

Needs sorting put as its just getting worse.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Now TV keeps buffering when going through a PS4. We have the fastest broadband speed from Virgin Media and we can’t watch programmes. Please sort this out!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

This app is appalling.... How they expect you to pay for a service that doesnt even function as intended is beyond me. Instead of telling customers to sort their wifi or delete the app and reinstall, why dont you actually go and fix the app. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

For any gripes with the NOW app your best to contact them directly, this is a customer led forum so it’ll only be seen by cusomters like you and me. 

Live chat being one option, just make sure to click “chat online”.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

Alternatively you can send an email to customer support. Address is in the below picture.

E717197C-1883-49BF-AB08-596EEE575CC6.jpeg

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem. Tried uninstall/reinstall and the other fixes but no joy. Don't have this problem with any other app. Very annoying when you have paid a lot of money to watch the footy. I got a broken leg and can't do much else at the moment so this is just the icing on the cake.

Nowtv you suck

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I got the very same problem!! deleted the app tried everything to fix it but still no luck considering in cancelling my pass as it's just not worth it

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Currently having a problem with content loading from my watch list but it's fine from continue watching or from the search function. 

Have so far deleted and re-installed the app, rebuilt the PS4's database and restarted my network equipment. I am experiencing no problems whatsoever with any other app or PSN service and the PS4 is connected via ethernet cable. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:
Every 10 minutes (if im lucky) series keep stopping i need to get out and in again. Ive read to try and use wifi instead of cable connection, still does the same. Just now had it all crash aswell. Quite annoying when you pay a lot more than netflix

Hi @Anonymous User 🙂 

We are sorry to hear about the problems you have been having 😞 We have included some tips on things you can try that should hopefully get this resolved for you. 

Delete the NOW TV app

1. Go to TV / Video and select the NOW TV app.
  2. Press Options on your DualShock 4 (Controller) then select Delete.

Delete the NOW TV data

1. Go to Setting then System Storage Management.
  2. Select Application Saved Data.
  3. Select Saved Data in System Storage.
  4. Highlight NOW TV, press Options on your DualShock 4 (Controller) then select Delete.

Reinstall the NOW TV app

1. Go to TV / Video.
  2. On the NOW TV app press X .

Set up a wired connection

1. Go to Settings.
  2. Select Network then Setup Internet Connection.
  3. Use a LAN Cable.
  4. Select Easy.
  5. Test the Internet connection to complete the setup.

Pause downloads

1. On the Main Menu go to Notifications
  2. Select Downloads then press X to pause any content that's downloading.

Set up a static IP address

1. Go to Settings, Network then View Connection Status.
  2. Make a note of your default router IP Address (this can also be found on the back of your router).
  3. Go back and select Set up Internet Connection.
  4. Select Use WiFi or Use LAN (Wired) depending on the connection you’re using.
  5. Select Custom.

If your connecting wirelessly scan for routers and type your security pass at this point.

1. In IP Address select Manual and complete the following:
  • IP Address : Use your router IP Address but change the last digit to a different number of your choice
  • Subnet Mask : 255.255.255.0
  • Default Router : Your router IP Address
  • Primary DNS : Your router IP Address
  • Secondary DNS : 0.0.0.0
  1. Press Right on the controller and select:
  • MTU Settings : Automatic
  • Proxy Server : Do Not Use
  • UPnP : Enabled
  1. Select X to save and test your connection

Check for corrupt files in Safe Mode

1. Make sure the PS4 is powered off.
  2. Press and hold the Power Button until you hear 2 beeps (one when you first press it and another 7 seconds later).
  3. Connect your DualShock 4 controller via USB then press the PS button.
  4. Select Rebuild Database.