cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV motion Judder on PS4

The motion judder makes some movies unwatchable..i believe its to do with the refresh rate. Is there a fix for this as currently it is unwatchable.
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can't believe they have still not fixed this, this service is just a disgrace! Been with Netflix for a year and not once have i had an issue, i try NowTV once a year and its never ever worked properly, I always end up watching the movie elswhelse and just deleting the app.. Just now went to watch Aliens, instantly spotted the picture judder... Turned it off and deleted the app. Watched it on a website and the picture and audio was much better... Its laughable how bad NowTV is, why they get allowed to put good movies on this service i will never know.. Oh and audio is still Stereo hahaha seriously?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It seems that Now Tv staff arw trying to deny a problem exists and transfer the blame on the equipment. I posted this thread a few weeks ago now and still there is no remedy. As the above post says why cant the staff test it for themselves on a PS4, surely someine working for Now Tv owns the console??
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes I agree. The problem is this. The ps4 outputs at 60hz, now tv outputs at 50Hz. Other app makers have obviously made a ps4 compatible app to compensate for this. Nowtv have chosen to blame the ps4 instead. So nowtv should either alter the app on ps4 so it works or remove it from the PlayStation store as its incompatible with the device. The reality is they'll do nether and continue to do nothing. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I would think it is in NOW TV's interest to get this issue sorted as may lose subscribers if they don't.  They must appreciate that it is not just an isolated issue with a couple of PS4 users.

NOW TV must look at this seriously and produce an updated app for PS4.  They should also ask some PS4 users to trial any future update before it is released onto the PlayStation Store.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am using a Sony TV connected to a PS4.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
I am using a Sony TV connected to a PS4.

When your playing NOW TV content and press, which ever button you have to press on the TV's remote control to reveal the 'input frequency' (on my Panasonic it the 'info button),. What reading is given?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's actually reasonably easy to show the fault is with the ps4 app and not the tv. If i play now tv via Chromecast with the exact same settings (same input, HDMI 3, same picture settings with all processing turned off) then now tv works great with no motion judder and no frame drops)  If the exact same input and settings are used for the now tv ps4 app that's when the juddering happens. 

And, as mentioned before all other media and video pps play fine on the Ps4. 

I also have a Sony tv btw but the fact that the tv will stream fine from Chromecast surely proved this is the fault of the Ps4 now tv app. 

Also, Sony tv's don't show the info you're asking for when pressing the info button. They don't give any reading for apps. But as I've found now tv works via Chromecast then that line of investigation seems irrelevant anyway. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is that the end of nowtv's help on this? Have you acknowledged tha it's clear that the fault is with the app and is there a fix planned? Thanks very much. 

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Is that the end of nowtv's help on this? Have you acknowledged tha it's clear that the fault is with the app and is there a fix planned? Thanks very much. 

How the video output of your PS4 and your monitor is set-up will make 'all the difference' when viewing any NOW TV service content. As it all runs at 25fps/50Hz...