cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV motion Judder on PS4

The motion judder makes some movies unwatchable..i believe its to do with the refresh rate. Is there a fix for this as currently it is unwatchable.
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous User
Not applicable

How the video output of your PS4 and your monitor is set-up will make 'all the difference' when viewing any NOW TV service content. As it all runs at 25fps/50Hz

The video output of the ps4 can't be adjusted. As to the monitor set up I've just bought a now TV box and it plays perfectly no matter what the tv settings are, you can choose any setting, have as little or as much motion smoothing or processing as you want, the stream is perfect. So please stop blaming anything but the faulty now tv ps4  app and at least have the decency to admit it doesn't work. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I get the same issule with the ps4

Anonymous User
Not applicable

You don't seem to have taken onboard that all other uk tv apps, bbc channel 4 etc, all work fine on the ps4. The bbc app and all the other broadcasters all broadcast in 50ghz /25fps and play perfectly.  The other possibility is that these other tv ps4 apps have been designed specifically for compatibility with the ps4. Which seems to be something now tv has not done at all. Surely someone at now tv has access to a ps4 so that they can see for themselves that your app has the judder fault? Why can't you test it yourselves? It would save a lot of time wasted by now tv people asking about tv and internet settings etc. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

After checking my tv i also agree that the problem is with NowTVs playstation app. I have also turned off all motion settings on my tv but the juddee remains. Sorely disappointed!
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

What display device are you connected to?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

How do you set the PS4 to 50hz?
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hi @Anonymous User It used to be that way back in the PS2 and PS1 days. We had 50Hz PAL and the Americans had 60Hz  NTSC (i think that's the way it was) But no due to technological advancements, TV's andnewer consoles don't care what runs at 50Hz or 60Hz. So, as @SeeMoreDigital has suggested, its gonna be a feature on your TV that needs to be turned off. Possibly, Motioin Settings or maybe if you have a Game mode built into your TV settings this may solve it too. Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The answers given aren't very helpful. The ps4 displays 50hz automatically and all processing is turned off on my tv. Now tv still has atrocious motion judder and is the only tv app to do so. BBC iPlayer sky tv channel 4 etc all play without judder. Only now tv has this issue.  So the issue is firmly with now tv not the ps4. Are there any plans to fix this? Thanks

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Personally speaking, I have no idea. As I've never owned or used a 'gaming' playback device!

Hopefully somebody else will chip-in with some suggestions 😉

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

The NOW TV service outputs all video content at 50Hz (25 frames per second). So you'll need to set all your playback and display devices to match this frequency (or integers of 25). And disable all forms of post-processing/image frame creation.

Cheers