cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Internet keeps resetting after about 20 mins

I have recently just paid for the sky sports for the whole month on my PS4 now tv, and just my luck it keeps restarting my router and going off after about 20 mins, I normally pay weekely and it's normally fine, it's doing my head in now, all other apps work fine like Netflix etc just now tv, please someone help because paying 33 quid for sky sports and it's not working is a joke lol x
74 REPLIES 74
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's a combination of the use of a ps4, now tv and talk talk because individually they all work, but when used together it all falls apart
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

Are you still having issues with the PS4 app?

Do you get an error message with this or does it just cut out?

Thanks

Rob

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The only error message I was getting was WiFi connection lost. Mine is OK now, having gone back to an older router firmware.

Does the app send a permissions request or something similar every ten/fifteen minutes? If so, I think this was being refused/blocked by the router - but how did the app then force the router to reboot?

Be good to know if you have any thoughts on this, Rob-T...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've got the same problem - TalkTalk fibre large with boost, ps4 and the NowTV app reboots the router every ten or fifteen minutes while movie playing. Router shuts down completely and reboots. Amazon streaming and all other apps fine.

I know that my router had a firmware update - up to 1.2 - so I wonder if that might be causing it? Spoken with TalkTalk and they say they can't remotely load an older firmware, so they're sending me a new router to see if that helps.

Or have NowTv changed something with their app/permissions in last few days that might be causing this?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

###### knows that's what I am trying to work out you will ring talk talk and they will blame PS4 then PS4 wil blame now tv I had no trouble with it before I put this post on
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having the same problem! So is it NOW TV, or Talk Talk??
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nope spoke to soon it's just gone off, it's sh*t feel like going mad, I can't work out weather it is the Internet or PS4 coz am the same all other apps are fine and now tv is fine when I watch it on my phone lol strange
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes mate am on talk talk fibre to, it hasn't done it yet this morning and had sky sports on for nearly an hour now
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having the same issues with talk talk fibre broadband , my ps4 and specifically Now tv. The ps4 is fine with other apps and now tv works fine on other devices within the same household.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have deleted and re installed it and I have run and internet connection test on my PS4 if that is what you mean and connection speed download is 35.3 Mbps and upload is 1.7 I have one of the best internet broadband in talk talk fibre obtic so it should be that