cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Internet keeps resetting after about 20 mins

I have recently just paid for the sky sports for the whole month on my PS4 now tv, and just my luck it keeps restarting my router and going off after about 20 mins, I normally pay weekely and it's normally fine, it's doing my head in now, all other apps work fine like Netflix etc just now tv, please someone help because paying 33 quid for sky sports and it's not working is a joke lol x
74 REPLIES 74
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is there anyone having this problem who is not with talktalk and using their super router?

Could be...

1 - Nowtv have changed their settings for the app (or the recent PS4 update has) and the router can't handle it

2 - talktalk have changed their network/server settings somehow

3 - the super router firmware - 1.2 in my case - has a wifi bug

Everything was cool until a few days ago, in my case. And all other apps, including Amazon Prime streaming are fine. Nowtv seems OK with a LAN connection.

I'd be grateful if there's a tech expert reading these boards who might be willing to opine...

Groaner

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Has anyone's started working after doing all them settings as I am not at home, yerh it resets my whole modem x
Anonymous User
Not applicable

That is exactly what mine does mate n the ###### thing I've paid 30 quid for sky sports for the month and it's doing my nut lol
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting back in touch with us.

Can you try these steps for me?

1. Go to Settings, Network then View Connection Status.
2. Make a note of your default router IP Address (this can also be found on the back of your router).
3. Go back and select Set up Internet Connection.
4. Select Use WiFi or Use LAN (Wired) depending on the connection you’re using.
5. Select Custom.
If your connecting wirelessly scan for routers and type your security pass at this point.
6. In IP Address select Manual and complete the following:
• IP Address : Use your router IP Address but change the last digit to a different number of your choice
• Subnet Mask : 255.255.255.0
• Default Router : Your router IP Address
• Primary DNS : Your router IP Address
• Secondary DNS : 0.0.0.0
7. Press Right on the controller and select:
• MTU Settings : Automatic
• Proxy Server : Do Not Use
• UPnP : Enabled
8. Select X to save and test your connection

Please let me know how you get on.

Thanks 🙂

Rob

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, Rob, I've got the same problem - I think - so I've made the changes you suggest. Started a movie at 15:45, will let you know what happens...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well, it all worked fine with the new settings until 16:09, when the pic froze, a WiFi connection lost notice came up and my router shut down.

I've been getting this for the last three days.

Rob, what could be causing a remote device/PS4 to force my router to shut down? Have you changed anything with permissions/restrictions at your end?

Cheers - Groaner

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Bit more info following from my last post...I'm getting the 0 stream quality too, though the pic is fine and no buffering. Do you think this might be related to the hassles other people are getting using PS4? I get a connection speed of over 20mbs on the PS4, speed has been consistent.

I'd really like to know if this is a NowTV/PS4 problem or if it's my router/ISP, as I've lost hours talking to their fault management team, thinking it was their fault.

Is it likely that the NowTV app doesn't work with PS4 update 4.0?

Would a NowTv box solve this - it's not practical for me to run a LAN to the PS4 - and would you be up for sending me one?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It all works OK with a LAN (ethernet) cable, if you can stretch one that far. Fault must be the app's wifi lnk to the router.

Will see if the new TalkTalk router I get has an earlier firmware (1.15) and see if it works OK on the wifi to the PS4, and let you know.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm using an Ethernet cable and my router still crashes!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well it used to work fine,