cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Internet keeps resetting after about 20 mins

I have recently just paid for the sky sports for the whole month on my PS4 now tv, and just my luck it keeps restarting my router and going off after about 20 mins, I normally pay weekely and it's normally fine, it's doing my head in now, all other apps work fine like Netflix etc just now tv, please someone help because paying 33 quid for sky sports and it's not working is a joke lol x
74 REPLIES 74
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My suspicion...check your firmware. Go into router - info on back of device - go to Maintain. Mine is working OK now on 1.15t.

Groaner

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Groaner, 

i am having the same problem how did you fix it because I don't understand from the first one how to do it. 

Thanks 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

BurtyB...in my case it seems to have stopped when I changed the talktalk router firmware back to 1.15t. If you want to check your firmware version...and if you are using a talktalk super router...

look for sticker on back of your router.

Open a browser and enter the IP Address shown there, it will start 192. usually.

enter the username and password, shown on sticker

you should get into the router settings pages. Go to top right corner, click Maintain

System settings page you should see will list some stats, including your router firmware.

I'm OK on 1.15t - at least the crashing router has stopped for now - but you might have a higher number, up to 1.2 as the newest. I was moved onto 1.2 by a talktalk tech guy and that's when my problems started HOWEVER it seems lots of people are having problems with the nowtv app on ps4 so it's possible that there's some other issue with the nowtv app. They might have changed their permissions or server settings somehow...

Talktalk sent me a new router when I rang them, it was loaded with 1.15t. Or you could try a different router to see if that works. Sadly, they seem to be quite expensive these days - over 100 smackers - but you might have an old router somewhere?

It would be really helpful if one of the nowtv team could pipe up with their thoughts, I'm still waiting for an email response after a livechat request 36 hours ago.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have now spoken with tech support and they're investigating. Pointed out to me that individual fixes are not ideal when it comes to addressing an issue that is affecting lots of people, so I'm going to wait for them to update the app or advise otherwise.

I'm still getting some stuttering with the firmware at 1.15 on the talktalk router - and the throughput speed has dropped a lot, talktalk advising it should be moved to 1.2 as 1.15 unstable, so can't win at the moment!

Something in the chain isn't working, ps4 update, the nowtv app, router wifi link, ISP or Nowtv servers, but I'm baffled.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yerh it's an absolute joke having paid 30 quid for the month for the sky sports on it, it's ever since I did that it's started bottling it, but I wonder if it's doing it to anyone else who is not on talk talk because it seems weird it's just the talk talk customers, I want some money back I do if I can't watch Man Utd Liverpool on Monday I am not going to be happy lol well am not anyway
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can one of the nowtv team comment on this, please?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just been told via online chat that it could take up to 48 hours for an IT team member to contact me about this problem.

Is there anyone from the nowtv team on these boards that could help? I want to know what could be causing the ps4 nowtv app to be shutting down my router. If it's a known issue I'd like to know, as I can then cancel the service or try to find a fix myself - I still think it might be worth sending out a nowtv box so I can test to see if that resolves it?

Groaner

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Got the new router from talktalk, nowtv app seems to be running OK ( been going more than an hour, no shut down). Check your firmware, the new router I got has the old 1.15t firmware. I suspect the later firmware iterations have a bug, and talktalk sent them to your router over the air as an update (I had been updated to 1.2 on my last router).

There was one very short stutter, a second or two - I wonder if the problem is something to do with sending packets or streaming checks periodically - and then playback continued.

I'll carry on testing and post results later. No word from Nowtv tech people yet on any of this.

Groaner

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Folks, this appears to an across the board issue. There is clearly something wrong, somewhere and NowTV refuse to fix it.

I have actually seen this exact problem being posted as far back as a year ago on this forum. Yet, NowTV team members continue the same rhetoric.

It's actually shocking service, especially with a company with the resources of Sky. Netflix runs perfectly for me as well. TalkTalk have done everything on their end. The one common denominator is the NowTV PS4 app as it is the only app that causes my whole Wi-Fi to bottom out.

I don't even feel cheeky writing that I have been paying £10 a month for two years and should be sent a NowTV box free of charge for this. Absolute mug that I am. This problem has persisted every Fri/Sat night on Virgin Broadband, now it has been every day for the past 3/4 months with TalkTalk. Worked without issue for the first 4 months as well. This evening for example, I have tried to watch "Black Mass". I am 46 minutes in and "Wi-Fi signal lost" has occurred 7 times.

Anyway, apologies for the rant. It is absolutely scandalous that this has not been rectified though. They clearly do not care.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey I'm having exactly the same problem. Started yesterday for me (09/10) every 15-20 mins of watching now tv internet crashes and takes ages to reconnect. Phoned talk talk as thought it might be internet problems and they suggested the router might be broken so are sending me a new one, but I've watched iPlayer and Netflix tonight for over an hour with no problems.

Tried the settings change suggested (with the IP address) but didn't help at all just prevented me from connecting to the internet at all.

If anyone finds a fix please let us know!! If it's an issue on now TVs side I really hope this gets sorted don't want to be paying for something we can't even use properly!!