cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Internet keeps resetting after about 20 mins

I have recently just paid for the sky sports for the whole month on my PS4 now tv, and just my luck it keeps restarting my router and going off after about 20 mins, I normally pay weekely and it's normally fine, it's doing my head in now, all other apps work fine like Netflix etc just now tv, please someone help because paying 33 quid for sky sports and it's not working is a joke lol x
74 REPLIES 74
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Simon,

Had my PS4 plugged in via ethernet, but it rebooted the rooter after about 30 minutes, and then again about 5 minutes after that.
Had our router replaced by TalkTalk about 3 days ago, and it seemed fine initially (albeit with slower speeds), but we were also using the PS3 then.

Seems like a very odd bug, hope your team gets round to resolving it swiftly.

Thanks,
Will
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My hunch still is that it's the router firmware. The new router talktalk sent me is on 1.15t and it works OK, but the speeds are down a bit. I want to upgrade to the latest - 1.2 - but then I get the router reboots.

Sony issued another firmware upgrade yesterday - 4.05 - has that changed anything for anyone?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm glad that I'm not the only one with this issue, mine started doing this on Monday night whilst trying to watch the Liverpool game and then last night watching West World. I phone up Talk Talk having a moan at them and it turns out it's the Now TV app on my PS4. My PS4 is connected to my router by ethernet, so It can't be that.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I don't think its the app mate - However when I watched my Walking Dead last night I signed out of my PSN and just used NOW TV, it didn't restart till 30 mins later which was good but it does it on Spotify, Twitch, and NOW TV. I think its stupid Talk Talk
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Andy,

I am having the same issue. Please could you let me know if the wired connection will definitely solve the problem? Also, any idea of an eta for a more permanent fix to the app?

Many thanks.
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Wired connection should sort the issue. So it's worth giving a go.

With it being a technical issue it's difficult to provide an ETA but we're working hard to get it resolved and it is a priority. We'll update you as soon as we have any news.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

When is it time to start thinking about asking for some sort of refund? This has been happening for over a week now and considering that I'm paying for a service that I can not use I feel that it's only right to be compensated.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Been having the same problem with the NowTV app on my PS4 also. Have Talk Talk too, has only been happening since i've started using the Entertainment packing was perfectly fine with the Movies package.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Signing out of PSN helped me a lot
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've been having the exact same issue with my Now Tv app on my PS4. I'm also a talktalk customer and it's nice to see I'm not the only one having this issue. It's been happening to me for a few weeks now, I gather like most Now TV entertainment customers we're Walking Dead fans and the last thing we want is the app to crash in the first 5 minutes of Mondays episode!! I would literally flip my lid if that happened!

PLEASE FIX THIS BEFORE MONDAY NOW TV.