cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Internet keeps resetting after about 20 mins

I have recently just paid for the sky sports for the whole month on my PS4 now tv, and just my luck it keeps restarting my router and going off after about 20 mins, I normally pay weekely and it's normally fine, it's doing my head in now, all other apps work fine like Netflix etc just now tv, please someone help because paying 33 quid for sky sports and it's not working is a joke lol x
74 REPLIES 74
Anonymous User
Not applicable

SORT THIS OUT RIGHT NOW YOU RUBBISH RUBBISH COMPANY! WHY AM I STILL PAYING?!?!?!?!? SORT IT OUT SORT IT OUT SORT IT OUT!

THE PS4 APP IS CLEARLY TO BLAME

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's got nothing to do with my router either because it used to work fine it's getting worse only lasting like 5 mins now it is not fair doing my head in it's now tv get it sorted or I am getting rid of it, works fine on my phone so it's PS4 and now tv tickling each other's ###### come on
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Guys - what are *you* doing about it?? Passing the buck on to TalkTalk when Virgin Media users are having the same issue. There is *clearly* something rotten with your PS4 app. Why aren't you getting this?? Absolutely shocking service. You have known about this issue for months, yet there has been zero correspondence about what you are doing re: your PS4 app. All the while, mugs like me are still paying for a shoddy service instead of cancelling with the great hope that I can turn this on one day and enjoy the floods of very good movies you have at your disposal. Not even a hint of compensation for this either. Total disgrace.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It is an absolute joke paying for the sky sports for a month and it's been **** all month feel like going mad it has got to be an issue with talk talk

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi all,

We are due to get an update today.

Will update the post once I have more information for you.

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User, @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User

Hi everyone 

TalkTalk customers facing issues with NOW TV App on your PS4.

TalkTalk have identified a fix but need to  manually apply this to your router. In order to have this done you just need to follow the steps below where one of TalkTalk’s Community Team will be able to assist.

1. Go to  https://community.talktalk.co.uk/
  2. Register or login
  3. Post your query in the Help with your TalkTalk service section at https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Help-with-your-TalkTalk-service/ct-p/help
  4. The Online Community Team will then be able to resolve your issue

This should be quick and easy, but please give us a shout if you need more support.

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Andy.

I was given two new DNS codes by TalkTalk and a new MTU code but it made no difference - the router is still crashing.

Could you pass this back on to TalkTalk?

Kind regards

Tom
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Andy S - can you please let me know, is this a firmware update for the router?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there - I had this exact problem for over a week, talk talk eventually sent me a new router last weekend and Now TV seemed to work again perfectly. After Sony issued their latest update and I had installed it on PS 4 (yesterday) the original problem returned.

So like everyone else - I can use every other streaming service apart from Now TV - which will cause my TalkTalk router to cease service and reboot after a period of anywhere between 3 and 20 minutes while streaming a film or program.

I will follow that advice on here and try to make my IP address static - however after having two different routers over the last three weeks - I'm really annoyed at how Now TV - PS4 and TalkTalk seem to be unable to find a solution.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've been asking for weeks now for one of the tech team to test a talktalk router, and explain how a remote device on a home network (the app running on our ps4s) can force a router to reboot. Could be that the router thinks it's under some kind of attack - messages from the app to closed ports? - and reboots as a security measure, or could be power saving/sleep kicks in for some reason, or could be something to do with how the nowtv app sends data packets? Could be lots of things...

I've heard that talktalk will send out a different router to test if you press them, but in my case they've already replaced it once so I don't think they'll be keen.

The other thing we could try is a nowtv box short-ethernet connection - I can't run a long ethernet cable from my network to the ps4, impractical - and I've already asked the tech team to send me one so I could see if it fixed everything, but they refused. I feel the techs should solve this with an app update or at least explain what's happening, so I don't feel like buying a nowtv box to do their testing, given it might not even work.

Hoping there's some news before the weekend...