cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

How do parental controls work on the PS4 Now TV app?

Hi,

I'm looking at buying a PS4 and Now TV would be one of the apps I'm interested in using. Can anybody please tell me if the Now TV app uses the parental PIN code on your Now TV account to block adult material, or does it use some other method?

I previously tried the Now TV app on an Xbox One, but that looked at the console settings and the users' Xbox accounts to determine which content was available. Because you could have multiple users logged in, it became a confusing mess, and my children are too young to learn how to switch accounts etc...  I don't want a repeat of that fiasco, and I'm hoping that the PS4 Now TV app can work just like a standalone Now TV box and use a PIN code, ignoring any PlayStation settings or accounts. Is that possible?

Thanks very much!

Graham.

2 REPLIES 2
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

The NOW TV service offers 'Parental Controls' which can be accessed via your NOW TV account: -

parental.PNG

If you have young children, then perhaps a simpler solution would be to get them a dedicated NOW TV 'black' box with a 'Kids' subscription. And set-up a PIN code so they can access content from the NOW TV 'Entertainment, Cinema and Sports' services.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

One of the reasons for buying the PS4 was to avoid having many different boxes under the TV... 🙂

I know about the Now TV parental controls, my question was whether the PS4 app actually uses them, or does it use the PlayStation's parental settings instead?  I remember that the Xbox app would ignore the PIN completely, and you'd see lots of empty boxes where the movie images were supposed to be if a child account was logged in.

Thanks again,

Graham.