cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Game voucher code

Got a game voucher code for 3 months free now tv, but the code don't seem to work. Do I need to set up account(bank details etc) to work it? Only want to try the 3 months not pay for anything or give out bank details etc
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

No, once you are into your 3 months you can cancel at any time, and you still get to watch until the 3 months is fully up. During the cancellation process it tells you exactly what date you can carry on watching until. 

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Yes, I'm afraid you do need to set up your account fully, including entering payment card details. NOW TV is a subscription service and so they need bank details on record of keep charging you should you not cancel, in line with other subscription services. It's also needed as part of their check to make sure you are over 18 and UK resident. 

If you've not joined NOW TV before you might as well sign up for the free 14 day trial first (you won't be eligible if you've had a trial previously though), then once your trial is set up you can enter your voucher code to get your 3 months, which will kick in when the trial ends (so you will get 3 months and 2 weeks in total).

Dont forget to cancel the pass sometime during your 3 month voucher period to make sure you don't get charged anything as otherwise the pass will automatically renew and you will be charged at the end of the 3 months.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Does any money come out when you first set up the account and is it clear(easy) on how to cancel it during the 3 months etc?
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

No charge as such when you sign up, but NOW TV do request a 10p authorisation to your card to check it's a valid card you've entered, this amount isn't actually taken out (it's reserved against your limit then when your bank realises NOW TV aren't taking it, the authorisation is cancelled) however some banks do show this 10p temporarily on your statement which confuses some people. See here for more info

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Sign-up-1014

Easy enough to cancel, just follow the steps here sometime during your 3 month period (if you go for the free trial and then apply your voucher code, wait until you are into the 3 month voucher period before cancelling)

http://help.nowtv.com/article/How-to-cancel-NOW-TV

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thankyou very much for your help, one last question if I cancel it during the 3 months will I get the full 3 months or will it end it there and then?
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

No, once you are into your 3 months you can cancel at any time, and you still get to watch until the 3 months is fully up. During the cancellation process it tells you exactly what date you can carry on watching until. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ok thankyou for the help
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User You're welcome, happy new year.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Where do you put the code in that I recieved from game for the 3 months free membership?
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

You can apply you voucher on the NOW TV website by following the steps in this help article

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Apply-Voucher-NOW-TV-Entertainment-Month-Pass