cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Game of Thrones S7 Finale - Buffering

Last night (Monday) at about 8pm I sat down to watch the season finale of Game Of Thrones and the experience was severely hampered by constant buffering every 5-10 minutes. Sometimes the buffering would only last a few seconds but a couple of times it froze to the point where I had to stop then resume the episode.

I’ve had this problem a couple of times during the latest GoT season, but never this bad.

Now, to clarify:

1. My PS4 is directly connected to my router using a LAN cable.
  2. A speed test on the PS4 shows my download speed as 100Mbps
  3. I also watched the latest Twin Peaks episode and had no problems with that
2 REPLIES 2
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Glitches in the data stream received by your playback device can can often be resolved by re-booting your router (and ethernet switches), as it often helps resolve de-synchronising (data packet) errors, clears RAM build-up errors and even static build-up that can cause 'switching' errors!

The standard practice is to disconnect the devices power for around 30 seconds before reconnecting.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'll certainly give that a try if it happens again.

However, I find it strange that Twin Peaks played with no issue after I finshed GoT.

I suspect the problem is not my end at all - but rather NOW TV underestimating the amount of server bandwidth they needed for such a hugely popular TV event as a GoT season finale.