cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

App crash, error CE-34878-0

Experiencing multiple crashes tonight while watching Sky Sports News with (generic PS4 error) code CE-34878-0. Throws me back to PS4 dashboard and I have to relaunch the app.

Crashes ranging from after a few seconds of streaming to after about 20 minutes. Incredibly frustrating having paid for a week of this.

I have deleted and reinstalled the app to no avail.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi all,

We're aware of this issue and currently looking into it.

For further updates, please make sure you subscribe to this topic here.

Thank you for your patience and very sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Birgit

NOW TV Team

View solution in original post

81 REPLIES 81
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is re-initialising the ps4 the only way to fix this ? Have tried re-installing app but still kicks me out. Only been a problem since  recent ps4 update. Other apps work fine.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Birgit, I hope you will get this message as the posts are old as I can see but this issue has just started happening for me after first having an in app message of 'transition superseded' was a solution found? If so can you please inform me of it my contact email is [email removed]. Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post, sorry to hear that your getting this error message.

Would you be able to try the steps outlined here to see if this resolves the issue for you.

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm also experiencing this issue, seems to be intermittent, not 100%, but every now and again, often when trying to start streaming a show, but also a couple of minutes into it.

Noticed this start to happen after the latest PS4 system update.  Reinstalling app didnt help. Most recently occured during Peep Show S02E02, but by no means limited to just this show.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing the same issue. Just to confirm have you tried steps mentioned in @Anonymous User post above?

Thanks

Simi

Anonymous User
Not applicable

You mean these steps? :-

If you are experiencing this ce-34878-0 error code, please close the application and then install the latest system software and game patch.
You can also try deleting and reinstalling the game or application that's affected.

If the error occurs again, initialise the PS4 system after back-up of the save data and please also submit any crash reports after re-booting your console when the error occurs.

It was the latest system software that appear to cause this new issue. The app claims to be up to date, so I'm on latest software AFAIK.
I've rebooted the console.
I've tried deleting and reinstalling the app several times, to no avail.
This is very app specific (all other video app streaming apps I use are unaffected, eg YouTube, BBC iPlayer), so I'm not keen on messing with the PS4 itself to prove that it is an app specific crash. I am submitting multiple crash reports via the PS4 dialog, so hopefully you will be seeing those appear in your crash reports?

Do you use some sort of issue tracking system that I can post to track this?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Getting this error too.

no other apps have this issue, just now tv, 

worked fine up until today so it's not a PS4 software issue as no updates have happened today. 

Done all the steps offered by support.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

I have sent this off to our tech team to look into.

So far they have come back and advised to try what I had already posted

"delete the app, re installing & restarting the console. They then advise to back up your data and perform a full reset of the console"

However can you try this in safe mode first of all please.

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm not prepared to do a full reset of a PS4 to "fix" an app specific crash.  Could you answer my other questions w.r.t issue tracking, and submitted crash reports?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

yep, same- occured about 4 times, that's just this evening so far. very frustrating