cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

App crash, error CE-34878-0

Experiencing multiple crashes tonight while watching Sky Sports News with (generic PS4 error) code CE-34878-0. Throws me back to PS4 dashboard and I have to relaunch the app.

Crashes ranging from after a few seconds of streaming to after about 20 minutes. Incredibly frustrating having paid for a week of this.

I have deleted and reinstalled the app to no avail.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi all,

We're aware of this issue and currently looking into it.

For further updates, please make sure you subscribe to this topic here.

Thank you for your patience and very sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Birgit

NOW TV Team

View solution in original post

81 REPLIES 81
Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is shockingly poor

Happens far too frequently, looks to have been going in for years - you need to fix this
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Never had this error with now TV, but it occurs regularly effect watching All4, usually get an goth in and then get the error. Something related to the streaming maybe?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So since yesterday, I have been having an issue with now tv stopping and buffering, every 6-8 seconds... and been met with the above error several times, I thought I’d take advantage of the trial to watch the walking dead, and was planning to keep the subscription running as I’ve found a few other programs I like. Problem is I can’t actually watch any of them. I have deleted now tv save data. I have removed and reinstalled the app I have initialised my PS4 and rebuilt the data base! Lo and build the issue is still there!!! Is there an actual FIX for this or do I have to use another provider? Cheers! 🤬
Anonymous User
Not applicable

This issue has just started happening for me too! Every time i try to select sky sports news, app crashes
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I have tried the suggested steps to correct the error. I continue to get this error message when watching live tv and has been this way since September.

Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks,
Ciaran
Anonymous User
Not applicable
@Anonymous User

Do you have any more ideas?

Thanks.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous User

Its only live TV, happens every time and immediately, and never happens for on demand content which works perfectly.

PS4 is connected via ethernet.

Kind regards
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous User

Do you have any more ideas? This issue is still occurring and it's pretty frustrating
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:
Hi @Anonymous User

Do you have any more ideas? This issue is still occurring and it's pretty frustrating

@Anonymous User

Hi Ciaran

Is this only happening with live tv? and does it ever happen with on demand content?

Also how ofter does the error occur for example out of 5 attempts at watching a show how many would it work?

Lastly is your PS4 connected by wireless or by ethernet cable?

Thanks

Aaron