cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

This app is a disgrace

From continually crashing my PS3, continuous buffering (despite my broadband connection being strong and fast), to the poor picture quality, out of sync audio and clumsy and crashing menus, this app has been a disaster for as long as Ive had it.

I will be going to trading standards regarding the absolutely atrocious service offered from this product.
84 REPLIES 84
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can you fix your app please!! Read these messages!! You watch one episode & can't watch another because of some stupid 'Something's gone wrong' message. You have to quit & restart the app. FIX THIS!! Can someone contact me please!! And don't give me that wired connection, delete data ######. I've done all that!!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I wish they would just stop giving stupid replies and excuses... oh try deleting the app or game data.... What a load of bs! and oh sorry.... Just fix the piece of Sh*t service and app and stop ripping people off.. when I used other services like Netflix or Prime I had 0 issues... I use this service which is a lot more expensive and get poor audio, skipping audio, poor picture.... Choppy picture, Terrible freezing and unresponsive app.... Buffering issues. It's just an absolute joke
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm completely fed up with this app. After a hugely unsuccessful Live Chat with NowTV where no solution was reached I eventually managed to fix it myself.

Now I am dealing with my devices having been removed from my accoutn I am now unable to add them back until next month!? What kind of bizarre rule is that? I am going to be contacting Live chat when it opens again tomorrow and either insist they put my devices back on (I removed them in order to try and fix their glitchy buggy rotten app and there was no message or warning about the number of changes I make) or I stop my membership altogether. As a paying customer I do not expect to be treated like a child with these stupid restrictions.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

How did you fix it yourself?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

After a back and forth on twitter, I was advised to post to this forum.

My experience is that the ps3 app is really ropey.

It rarely allows us to watch programmes back to back. We regularly see the " something is wrong with" message, it either then sits for a bit or requires a quit and start.

The quitting regularly results in a reset which then sends the error message to Sony and then needs the system check before working.

We are seeing the "problem with the video" messages, which need a O press then try again.

It's also just plain slow. Screens slow to refresh and buttons needing to be pressed twice.

Tried removing the app and reinstalling. Exactly the same issues.

I'm not hardwiring it, because why should I? It's a wireless piece of kit. Netflix, Amazon, iplayer, etc, all work perfectly well.

Not to mention but where are Episodes 8 to 14 of Mad Men S7?

If there's work ongoing to fix the issues, excellent. But if not, then please just tell me and I can cancel my subscription now.

Thanks.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Very sorry to hear you've had issues with the PlayStation app. Have you tried deleting 'Gama data utility' folders

Or clearing the System Cache

- While in the PlayStation 3 Cross-Menu Bar (XMB) navigate to the ‘Game’ Section

- Scroll through this section until you find a folder called ‘Game Data Utility’

- Open the folder to populate the Game Data List

- Scroll through the Game Data list until you find the NOW TV app.

- With the entry you need highlighted, press the Triangle button.

- An options menu associated with the app you have highlighted will appear on the right hand side

- Select ‘Delete’ and press X to confirm

In regards to Mad Men, the last season was split into two parts due to their mid season break. The first 7 episodes were 7a and episodes 8-14 were 7b.

The last 7 episodes were on catch up only and therefore expired after 30 days after being on the service. 7a is available as a box set so they stay on the service longer. We may bring the last 7 episodes as box set soon.

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Im also having problems. I've reinstalled deleted the cache and it still doesn't work.

It's not a buffering problem I have. Once I get a program playing all is well. My problem is getting something to play without the app crashing the PS3

Tonight alone I've submitted 3 bug reports via Sony. Are you looking at these or ignoring them as the topic would suggest. Being a computer scientist I can't see why it can't be fixed. Get s bug report look at the stack trace and dump. Find issue and fix.

This is the only app which causes this. Maybe you should ask Netflix and Amazon for help ... They have apps which work.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Very sorry to hear you're having issues with the PS3 app. We're looking into the feedback we are getting from our customers and are taking everything on board.

Can you try clearing the 'Gama data utility' folders. Also can you try a wired connection and or give the router a quick reset. Do you have any issues with other devices?

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ranj
It is hard wired. Only thing in the house that is. I have tried everything. Last night watching an episode of modern family (21 mins long) it buffered 11 times. Took 45 minutes. Completely unacceptable.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

In that case can you try it without a cable and see how it fairs. Can you make sure no other devices are using the wi-fi connection when viewing also. 

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team