NOW TV Essential Planned Works 27/04/2017 Affecting Broadband Click here for more info
Contributor 2

This app is a disgrace

From continually crashing my PS3, continuous buffering (despite my broadband connection being strong and fast), to the poor picture quality, out of sync audio and clumsy and crashing menus, this app has been a disaster for as long as Ive had it.

I will be going to trading standards regarding the absolutely atrocious service offered from this product.
Expert 2

Re: This app is a disgrace

And trading standards will kick you out... after a 3 min google search...

There are TO MANY examples of the Application not having any errors and running fine... there posted all over youtube working fine and this site... 

If it does not work for you fine so cancel but for many others it works Flawless with ZERO buffering during the content...

If trading standards were to visit the head office thats what they will see on the domestic unit PS3 unit...

There is issues with local ISP filtering which is per town and region only...

When you are not in those areas you should get HD and content that never buffers... 

The service is not under heavy demand as there are no big shows airing...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8_FtpAlIlyQVG9fM1BFVU5lYUE/view?usp=sharing

I don't work for NowTV...

I do free beta testing for SCEE...

Ive made no secret that I can PVR the service...

So Videos from the life of the service can be seen here...

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B8_FtpAlIlyQdVpnQWprbXNGWEU&usp=sharing

I Do not work for SkyUK or NowTV...

As I No longer live in the UK, I no longer run the NowTv boxes... So am an Ex Community Contributor user

SIEE Beta Tester since PS2. Rejected PSP and VITA day one...

Currently own and run these devices PS3, PS4, Chromecast, Sky+HD box, Quad OS boot HP Laptop, Amazon Fire tablet and TV box
First Poster

Agreed. Absolutely the worst app I've ever used for buffering and crashing.

Fibre broadband and buffering!?!? No other app does this on my PS3 (Netflix/Lovefilm/YouTube etc).
First Poster

i have to agree. I am in London with a very good connection. The buffering is not such an issue but the constant crashing of the PS3 is irritating. Now TV has a trite statement on one of the websites that hitting the 0 or X button repeatedly leads to crashing, but ths also happens when exiting Now TV to go on to another application or simply when changing the item to be viewed. This does not occur with Netflix or Amazon or Iplayer. I think a patch is in order. Or maybe Now TV  just has the same attitude as one of the commentators above, i.e. stuff you, it's all fine and it's your machine, not us. Given that the monthly subsription for both entertainment and Movies packages is not exactly cheap, one would have expected an application without such problems,

Expert 5

Hi

The PS3 app seems to be playing up quite a bit of late, there have been other posts in different sections about problems with it. Hopefully, the NOW TV team will pick this up & look into what's currently happening with it. I'll mark this post as new as problems were still being reported up until the 14th.
Please click on Thanks if I've helped.
I'm a Community Contributor not staff, therefore I can help with issues about the service, but not account related issues.
If it solves the problem, please mark it as an accepted solution to help other members.
Thanks!
Occasional Poster

I have a now TV box on the same connection (slower if anything as its on WiFi a floor away from the router and hardly any problems ) put the PS 3 app on and its continual forced crashingcrashing of the ps3 which I report each time to PlayStation as requested on the screen. Where as the same PS3 using Netflix on the same connection never crashes and only a couple of time has had bufferiting issues.

Now TV sort this app out before it ruins my PlayStation hard drive from the crashes!

Occasional Poster

I have a now TV box on the same connection (slower if anything as its on WiFi a floor away from the router and hardly no problems ) put the PS 3 app on and its continual forced crashingcrashing of the ps3 which I report each time to PlayStation as requested on the screen. Where as the same PS3 using Netflix on the same connection never crashes and only a couple of time has had bufferiting issues.

Now TV sort this app out before it ruins my PlayStation hard drive from the crashes!

Contributor 1

It really is awful. We've just spent an evening staring at a buffering icon most of the time, and a resolution that makes smasher amateur YouTube footage look high quality. If i pop Netflix on the quality is pin sharp and uninterrupted. 

Happily i haven't paid for this experience as it's a free movie trial. 

Contributor 3

[ Edited ]
Hello,

In terms of connection, this would be down to the network connection on the console as buffering cannot be down to NOW TV unless otherwise stated due to service demand. In regards to crashing, lag and other application-based issues, this can be down to a number of factors including; installation errors, modified system files ('Jailbroken') or having outdated firmware.

If the issue persists on more then once device, please contact NOW TV support via email or live chat. This cannot be scaled to 'Trading Standards' as this isn't widespread and is normally resolved via the support team after contacting them.

Have a great day,

Brian B
Contributor 2

Plus, of course, it could be due to the app/service being buggy as hell!

Yet another here, with constant crashing on my PS3 system, whereas Netflix, et al, run perfectly. My PS3 is fully up to date, all updates fully installed, no out dated firmware or jailbroken files.

The problem is the NOW TV app, pure and simple.