cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

This app is a disgrace

From continually crashing my PS3, continuous buffering (despite my broadband connection being strong and fast), to the poor picture quality, out of sync audio and clumsy and crashing menus, this app has been a disaster for as long as Ive had it.

I will be going to trading standards regarding the absolutely atrocious service offered from this product.
84 REPLIES 84
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the same issue, every time i exit the NowTV app on the PS3 it crashes the console whereby the PS3 thinks its data has corrupted and goes through the self test. It seems this has been going on for quite some time and I cannot understand why NowTV / Sky haven't sorted this out.  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Very sorry to hear this. Can you let us know which steps you have already taken to try and resolve this issue. Have you tried the steps given above by Michael?

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

So far I have uninstalled the NowTV app and reinstalled it, I have also disconnected it from the wi-fi and changed the internet connection over to using an ethernet cable via a 200mbps homeplug/powerline device neither of these have made any  difference. As for my router I doubt that is an issue as I reset that regularly.

When the NowTV app crashes the PS3 the PS3 beeps 3 times, the console then restarts into a recovery mode where it checks the PS3 system software for corruptions. I use the PS3 every day for gaming and streaming video content (YouTube, BBC iPlayer, 4OD etc) and I have never been able to replicate this issue with any other app or game which (by using the process of elimination) points to there being an issue with the NowTV app rather than it being an issue with the console. Just to confirm that this issue never happens when the app is actually streaming content (with which I have no complaints as the video quality is excellent and superior to the NowTV box I own) it is only when I try to exit the app on the PS3.

I hope this is helpful,

John

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

Sorry to hear this. Can you try having no other devices using the wi-fi when viewing and or reboot the router. Or try a wired connection and see if that helps

Thanks

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

PS3 is, and always has been, hard-wired to the router.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It really is awful. We've just spent an evening staring at a buffering icon most of the time, and a resolution that makes smasher amateur YouTube footage look high quality. If i pop Netflix on the quality is pin sharp and uninterrupted. 

Happily i haven't paid for this experience as it's a free movie trial. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a now TV box on the same connection (slower if anything as its on WiFi a floor away from the router and hardly no problems ) put the PS 3 app on and its continual forced crashingcrashing of the ps3 which I report each time to PlayStation as requested on the screen. Where as the same PS3 using Netflix on the same connection never crashes and only a couple of time has had bufferiting issues.

Now TV sort this app out before it ruins my PlayStation hard drive from the crashes!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a now TV box on the same connection (slower if anything as its on WiFi a floor away from the router and hardly any problems ) put the PS 3 app on and its continual forced crashingcrashing of the ps3 which I report each time to PlayStation as requested on the screen. Where as the same PS3 using Netflix on the same connection never crashes and only a couple of time has had bufferiting issues.

Now TV sort this app out before it ruins my PlayStation hard drive from the crashes!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Agreed. Absolutely the worst app I've ever used for buffering and crashing.

Fibre broadband and buffering!?!? No other app does this on my PS3 (Netflix/Lovefilm/YouTube etc).
Anonymous User
Not applicable

i have to agree. I am in London with a very good connection. The buffering is not such an issue but the constant crashing of the PS3 is irritating. Now TV has a trite statement on one of the websites that hitting the 0 or X button repeatedly leads to crashing, but ths also happens when exiting Now TV to go on to another application or simply when changing the item to be viewed. This does not occur with Netflix or Amazon or Iplayer. I think a patch is in order. Or maybe Now TV  just has the same attitude as one of the commentators above, i.e. stuff you, it's all fine and it's your machine, not us. Given that the monthly subsription for both entertainment and Movies packages is not exactly cheap, one would have expected an application without such problems,